• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Great day for my Daughter to start her new job. Starts at 11pm tonight

fucking heating has packed up at work about 2 hours ago.
ambient temperature dropping...

What's she doing at that hour?

The graveyard shift at the Holiday Inn Express in Snow Hill

They run 3 shifts and I think they are testing the newbie by kicking off with the 11pm - 7am one for her

It'll be quieter, so they have more time to show her stuff than during the day would be my guess.
She'll be fine, in the warm. It'll be the travelling there/back that'll be the issue. And staying awake (if she hasn't adjusted her body clock already).

It's certainly not Darlaston, though you're correct that where I was upon until something like May last year I think. Now I've shifted to a new former industrial ghost town, nestled amongst many a retired mine in Derbyshire, does benefit of having a lot more greenery between all the deflated little towns though rather than the vast expanse of built up areas from back 'home'.

Much better than Darlaston I should imagine. Worst place I've ever lived. Shouldn't imagine even a fresh dusting of snow could make that place look any brighter

Lazy sod has been in bed all day

She can drive but has only had a car for 2 days so up to her if she wants to drive there tonight. Will happily take her and pick her up if she isn't 100%. The route is easy from mine anyway, quick jump on the M6 - A38 and done.

Much better than Darlaston I should imagine. Worst place I've ever lived. Shouldn't imagine even a fresh dusting of snow could make that place look any brighter

Fuck all wrong with Darlo.....well the bit I live in is fine although I do only venture as far as Asda and the Park

Proper winter now arriving in Dorset - bit of snow overnight.

-1c this morning but felt a lot colder than that in the wind. Snowing again now & getting heavier - will see how much more arrives if/when storm Emma arrives this far

Still got supplies in earlier this week so no need to leave the house for a bit now.

I didn't mind Darlaston, if I'd been working more local then I'd probably have looked for a house there or nearby instead as it's where all my family and friends are but it made sense to move up this way and give me some free time back instead of sitting in the car 2+ hours a day. I don't think where I live now is really that much different from Darlaston itself, it was a pit town and with the mine long closed it's not really got a lot going for it these days just like Darlaston since majority of the local industry died or moved away.

The only real difference is that all the broken little towns round here at least have a bit of open space between them so I've only got to go to the end of my street before I can walk out into open fields, even just popping to Tesco 5 minutes away there's a definite break between the two towns whereas you can't get out of Darlaston without immediately ending up in some other equally tired looking Black Country suburb.

Fuck all wrong with Darlo.....well the bit I live in is fine although I do only venture as far as Asda and the Park

Do you still live on the same estate as my sister, well she doesn't live there anymore so probably not unless you're following them around, don't suppose you've adopted a fluffy black and white cat? He apparently didn't fancy the move as much as they did.

It hasn't stopped snowing here, literally. But it hasn't stuck or added to the light snow we already had. Unless it gets worse later we're looking good.

Do you still live on the same estate as my sister, well she doesn't live there anymore so probably not unless you're following them around, don't suppose you've adopted a fluffy black and white cat? He apparently didn't fancy the move as much as they did.

I do and nope. Used to see a cat of that description but Cats in our garden have reduced since the Dog came to live here.

We're all depending on you for progress reports parkin...

Not that bad here yet, though cold.

Probably another 2 or 3 hrs before it gets here (assuming that it actually does) - far more snow seen 2 or 3 yrs ago down here so can't see why the supermarket shelves were half empty this morning when I went to get a couple of things I forgot earlier this week.

Starting to build a bit now - back garden completely disappeared under the snow now & coming down heavier by the minute.

Weird to think that 6 days ago at this time I was mowing the back lawn & warm enough to not bother with a coat

Are the gritters out and about throughout the day in the areas that you folk are getting the snow?

Are the gritters out and about throughout the day in the areas that you folk are getting the snow?

There are only enough down here to deal with the main east/west & north/South routes here

They do one road into each town, but that's your lot

I do and nope. Used to see a cat of that description but Cats in our garden have reduced since the Dog came to live here.

Not sure Arthur would be that deterred by a dog, he was a complete cunt, he managed to find his way back to their old house a few times because they'd only moved a few streets over so must have found himself someone familiar in between but after going to retrieve him a couple of times a policy of tough love was implemented and after waiting a few days to retrieve him the cat was nowhere to be seen. His sibling is now a much more sociable cat without that prick around, good riddance.

Snowing steadily since 3pm - only about 2 ins though & it's hardly comparable with Napoleonic retreat from Moscow

Actually got warmer than it was this morning as the wind has dropped away - still not going out though!

Back