• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

There you go, this is as terrible as I feel when it hits 28 degrees or whatever (mercifully rarely) in this country :)

I knew you were going to say that :icon_lol:

Give me 37 degrees c on the beach in Barbados as a preference, I must be honest.

I don't have a beach in Costa del Codsall though, do I? :)

Put it this way, it is ridiculously cold outside, I have not left the house today, if I'd had the curtains drawn and not looked at any weather news all day then I wouldn't know the difference. My house is still the same temperature.

When it gets hot here then sitting in my own home is stupidly uncomfortable, going out is worse, trying to get anything done is a nightmare and I fucking hate it. I have tons of options here if it's cold, turn the heating up, put more clothes on, chuck a blanket over myself, hot drinks, etc etc etc. What precisely am I supposed to do if my house is like an oven...

And if I go out and it's cold, I will warm up eventually if I'm walking and I've dressed sensibly. Walk around in the heat and I just get hotter from an already hot starting point.

I get that.

However this is bonkers stuff

I had to do some stuff on the warehouse yard today. Yayyy! So happy.

I had on - t-shirt, jumper, hoody, leather jacket, and then over that my monster great fleece hi-vis. I was wearing gloves, I had a thick beanie on as well. Ten minutes was about all I could stand. It was brutal.

This is probably the coldest I’ve ever been, colder than Michigan in early January and that was fucking cold.

I don't have a beach in Costa del Codsall though, do I? :)

Put it this way, it is ridiculously cold outside, I have not left the house today, if I'd had the curtains drawn and not looked at any weather news all day then I wouldn't know the difference. My house is still the same temperature.

When it gets hot here then sitting in my own home is stupidly uncomfortable, going out is worse, trying to get anything done is a nightmare and I fucking hate it. I have tons of options here if it's cold, turn the heating up, put more clothes on, chuck a blanket over myself, hot drinks, etc etc etc. What precisely am I supposed to do if my house is like an oven...

And if I go out and it's cold, I will warm up eventually if I'm walking and I've dressed sensibly. Walk around in the heat and I just get hotter from an already hot starting point.
Cant agree more, cold situations are infinitely more manageable than when things get too hot.

They are, but I'd argue being cold is a much worse feeling than being hot.

And if you are hot, you have fans, iced cold drinks, cool showers, etc. So it's not as if you can do nothing.

Discomfort is a personal thing though I guess!

No one likes being too cold or too hot but I suppose its how you cope with it. I cope far better in sweltering heat than I do in weather like this but mega heatwaves aren't much fun either if you can't escape it.

Give me cold, wind, and snow any day of the week

Give me hot and sweaty any day. Can't stand being cold, wearing layers of clothing, not feeling the sunshine on your skin, not seeing the grass for months on end, having to snow blow the driveway every day and by the mailbox otherwise you don't get your mail delivered, can't use your Caddy but have to use your shitty Mountaineer for travel....the list goes on.

Yours Sincerely,

A sunshine lover :cool:

They are, but I'd argue being cold is a much worse feeling than being hot.

And if you are hot, you have fans, iced cold drinks, cool showers, etc. So it's not as if you can do nothing.

Can't really stand in a cool shower all day when it's hot though can I? Also can't sleep with the noise of a fan in a room.

No such issue with chucking an extra layer of clothing on when it's cold, has zero impact on whatever else you want to do.

Give me cold, wind, and snow any day of the week

This is the best thing you've ever said.

Still been ok (or lucky) cycling to work so far. It's ok, as the effort keeps me warm enough. Hands get very cold.
Am lovely and warm at work. On getting home, it takes ages to warm the house. However the worst thing to do is sit around, if you're moving, you're certainly not as cold.
I don't like being cold, so I tend to have loads of layers of clothes on. Usually I get mocked for it, but not currently.

Like paddy referring to popping outside to smoke, I'm having to put the coat, hat and gloves on!

Hope you feel better soon DW btw. I absolutely hated being ill at the weekend, no fun at all. Every sporting event conspired to make me feel worse too!

Currently -6 with 41 MPH winds, wind chill is -16. What?! 0.o

Dog walk was interesting this morning. I think the official weather description is - BASTARD FUCKING FREEZING

Another dump of snow here last night meaning that the roads are pretty treacherous again today - luckily I can work from home but the Mrs has had a real fight to get into work.

Currently -6 with 41 MPH winds, wind chill is -16. What?! 0.o

Aah that'll be why it was tricky to bike to work in Mach this morning,hadn't got a low enough gear to keep moving at a pace to keep me warm,I've no chance with 41mph wind

Roads between Wolves and Brum are fine on the whole. Not much snowfall but fucking hell it's cold! Pretty windy this morning to boot. Apparently it's gonna hit this afternoon.
Come on, snow day tomorrow :crossfingers:

Back