• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Really cold this morning, but a weird dry cold so it's not that frozen out. Parked the bike today and getting the bus cos I'm not that keen on dying.

Nice bit of snow down here this morning. Hoping for a serious white-out later in the week.

Managed to cycle in today. Wind was very cold, but didn't feel excessive. Dunno if I'll feel the same on the cycle home, which is uphill.

Massive snow flakes coming down in Birmingham (nothing to do with the imminent prospect of relegation either)

Massive snow flakes coming down in Birmingham (nothing to do with the imminent prospect of relegation either)

Still off to the Netherlands this week Tredman? Impress them by asking whether or not it will be cold enough for long enough for the Elfstedentocht to take place? I was over there the last time the event was held in 1997.

Still off to the Netherlands this week Tredman? Impress them by asking whether or not it will be cold enough for long enough for the Elfstedentocht to take place? I was over there the last time the event was held in 1997.

I am, though that's dependent on me getting to Birmingham airport for 5am on Weds. I just asked one of my dutch colleagues about Elfstedentocht and she said no chance (and made me (and probably you) feel old by saying she is too young to remember the last one!)

This is what I remembered most from the 1997 event.

I got the last loaf of fresh bread in Morrisons last night to go with my chilli (no carrots or chickpeas, natch)

I'm keeping a close eye on the train services for Friday morning. Going to London on the Chiltern line before catching the Eurostar to Brussels so it better fucking not be cancelled.

They've all been fine thus far, and they were okay during the Snowmaggedon of December so hopefully it won't affect our plans.

Twatting it down in the City right now.

And the forecast is that its not going to get above freezing for the rest of the week, so any extra will just accumulate.

It’s absolutely fucking freezing, just walked round to the school to pick the little ‘un up and now I can’t feel my entire head.

Yeah it's fucking perishing. I don't think I can recall it being this cold in the UK before.

Except Preston train station, obviously. But that place is a freak of nature.

Made the wise decision to just grab my coat and not bother with a hat on school run. My ears are frozen

Been an odd day up here, look out the window one minute and you can barely see the fence that's a few metres away then 5 minutes later it's bright blue skies and looks beautiful, that sticks for half an hour or so and then you see the far side of the valley start to be overcome by the mist and before you know it that fence outside the window has disappeared again.

Pretty much everyone has abandoned the office now, maybe down to about 5% of us left here, most have better motives for sticking around than myself but I'm content with avoiding housework.

Heavy snow overnight here, got sent home from work at lunchtime, and depending on how it goes tonight, we may be heading into a 4 day weekend!!!!

Just walked home from work. I now need to defrost myself. My face hurt despite most of it being covered by a beard and I may as well not have been wearing my gloves for all the good they did.

Back