• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

The roundabout by McDonalds on the way into town last night was like practice night for Tokyo Drift in a rear-wheel drive Merc. Absolutely lethal. This morning Pendeford was pretty bad but you could keep going at a sensible speed. Stafford Road was fine past the M54.

I turned at the lights by Asda night...facing the correct way but my car travelled the wrong the way!. Almost had the same on a roundabout by Tesco this morning.

Looks like Cannock got it bad last night. As I came away from the Orbital Retail Park, lorries going up the hill were struggling and a couple of Audi's were just wheel spinning. A load of cars and lorries were abandoned on that road later on in the evening

Which means she can't take step dad for his treatment.

If it is treatment he needs to stay alive she can call the Hospital to come and fetch him.

My Father in Law has dialysis 3 times a week and he cannot miss that at all. If he can't get in, the Hospital tell him to call and they will arrange collection.

I saw a snow plough/gritter this morning and he wasn't ploughing or gritting.

Bin blew over in the night (they haven't collected them yet...normally they're round at 7-8am) so had to pop out to pick it up. Bizarre scenes out there. My drive looks like it's had a car on it because there's a big massive patch where it's totally unaffected, but I don't have a car. A foot towards the front door, there's a pile of 6-8 inches of snow.

Think it is cos it is this dry powdery snow, rather than the usual wet snow we get. Plus, it isn't melting and re-freezing, so we're not having the ice issues we normally get. Some have mentioned drivers struggling with slushy roads, but the snow is staying frozen, it isn't turning to slush.
As a result, it isn't "sticking" to the ground in the usual way, so the wind blows it about. Hence we see the drifts, and also areas of bare ground.

It's bizarre. I quite like it.

Yeah, because I'm a child, I tried making a snowball so I could hammer it at the wall. Doesn't work. It's not "normal" snow.

Powder. Good for skiing apparently.

am supposed to be going to see Dara at the hippodrome tonight. Saw a snowplough/gritter doing a main route on the way in.

Sadly not

BirminghamHippodrome
‏@brumhippodrome
We are sorry that tonight's performance of Dara O Briain has been cancelled due to the bad weather conditions. Please do not worry about calling us, we will be in touch with you to exchange your tickets in to a new date or to arrange a refund.

Few more snow flurries this morning, but not added much to what was already here. Still not above freezing so is going to stay around for a while.

Completely pristine snow in the road outside still & not seen anyone - either every one has the sense to stay in the warm or the road got evacuated last night & I was too deeply asleep to hear the knock on the door. For all I know I'm the only person still here :hmmm:

Build a big snow willy and see if they come out :)

Build a big snow willy and see if they come out :)

If they did it would only be to complain that I was lowering the tone of the neighborhood.

Anyway having just cleared the back door step (so I don't go arse over head if I do need to go out) & whilst the snow is powdery it has a very solid iced top layer so probably not that useful for building anything :icon_smile:

Bishops Wood appears to be buggered. Sister can't get out at all. Which means she can't take step dad for his treatment. Is it because of money or lack of it that the ploughs and gritters don't get sent out?????

Not worth spending the money when we only have 3 or 4 days a year of it.

On a bowling green no less.
3d82f2e0a8f706bc11985e87cec0e14f.jpg

Not worth spending the money when we only have 3 or 4 days a year of it.

A lot of the local farmers will have been out with their tractors out here to provide additional resources out in the rural parts of the County

Cunts who continually post this on twitter or Facebook. It's clearly not fucking Canada if the cunt is driving on the left.

64273f7c8b44df900832640df69e0fae.jpg

My flight back is cancelled. Suspicious how this is the only flight to Birmingham cancelled this afternoon, almost like Air France / KLM are a bunch of shysters.

My flight back is cancelled. Suspicious how this is the only flight to Birmingham cancelled this afternoon, almost like Air France / KLM are a bunch of shysters.

There will be a need to take them to the cleaners on compensation (whether you are bothered that much re the delay is immaterial)

There will be a need to take them to the cleaners on compensation (whether you are bothered that much re the delay is immaterial)
It's just bloody annoying! Flybe are doing the exact same route and have just left. It's unusual that bunch of fraudsters can do it.

Back