• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Yeah, because I'm a child, I tried making a snowball so I could hammer it at the wall. Doesn't work. It's not "normal" snow.
Yeah, laughed at some students trying to have a snowball fight that looked much more like a powderpuff fight :ico_lol:
Sadly not
Yep, they emailed me at lunchtime. Fair play to them for an early decision. Sounds like they'll re-arrange (absolutely fine) or refund (in which case I get an alternative xmas pressie very late!)

check out the first 3-4 replies to dara's retweet:
https://twitter.com/daraobriain/status/969549067343802370

It's getting much worse in brum, thicker snow coming down now. the roads were fairly clear, but just seen a couple of 4x4s really struggling to break, and then set off again. Glad I don't have to get the car out.
It's settling too, as the wind has dropped.

My flight back is cancelled. Suspicious how this is the only flight to Birmingham cancelled this afternoon, almost like Air France / KLM are a bunch of shysters.

We had similar last time we went to Amsterdam, though we were on the other side of the disparity, rocked up at a snowy Birmingham Airport in the early hours with pretty much every other carrier already showing cancelled flights for the entire day, think we were flying with BMI baby and they kept us hanging on until an hour or so before the flight before they bailed out but at least they kept the evening flight arranged and booked us on to that.

Started coming down again pretty hard in WV3...

We had similar last time we went to Amsterdam, though we were on the other side of the disparity, rocked up at a snowy Birmingham Airport in the early hours with pretty much every other carrier already showing cancelled flights for the entire day, think we were flying with BMI baby and they kept us hanging on until an hour or so before the flight before they bailed out but at least they kept the evening flight arranged and booked us on to that.
They've just tried to book me on the flight back at 21.20. On fucking Sunday.

Coming down again pretty hard here too. So much so that the kids can finally do this...

IMG-20180302-WA0011 (002).jpg

Not too sure about the use of my best Wolves scarf, mind...

Been coming down pretty hard for over an hour here. Went to the doctors earlier, left mine at 2.45 and the roads were fine including the country lanes. On my way back at 3.20 the main dual carriageway was pretty hazardous

30 mins ago the roads were clear outside my house. Now under a crap load of snow

Shitloads here again as well now, been going over an hour. Cleared all down the side of the house earlier and it’s all fucking back again.

Shitloads here again as well now, been going over an hour. Cleared all down the side of the house earlier and it’s all fucking back again.

That will teach you to leave it alone then :surrender:

Not bothering with what is outside - not too deep to walk through & will only return

Made it to Belgium! Now on the train to Bruges. Its also bloody freezing over here (not as cold as back home though) with a decent covering of snow.

That will teach you to leave it alone then :surrender:

Not bothering with what is outside - not too deep to walk through & will only return

I had to get through to my beer store, not doing so wasn’t an option!

Getting the worst of it in Dublin now, thought yesterday was bad, but the blizzards are relentless now, no visibility at all, can barely see the other side of the road in front of our apartment, got a 2 foot snow drift covering our windows and the water has stopped, no shower or hot water from the taps.

Even our house is ridiculously cold, Ive got 4 layers on, and my fingers are freezing. The wind outside is howling non stop and theres no-one around evenm though we live in the busy Docklands area.

God, it sounds like you lot live miles away. All we’ve had all days is a little dusting.

More snow in the last 2 hours than all of yesterday and still falling

Checking in from mid Wales,roads are crap due to drifts,high winds and trees coming down,no buses ran today,trains on a reduced service.
Machynlleth has a power cut,due to a live electricity cable falling onto a pile of tyres,stored next to some oil drums and catching fire,at the bus depot where I work,the town will now hate us even more than they already do(local lad does good,locals get jealous,and we put buses on bus stops making it difficult for drivers to get past)

I drove by the ground and onto the ring road at 4.45 - starting to white over. By 5.30 the ring road was under a lot of snow and barely able to drive on it. This is pretty bad now. Couple of hours more and there is no way WMP will allow the game to go ahead.

I drove by the ground and onto the ring road at 4.45 - starting to white over. By 5.30 the ring road was under a lot of snow and barely able to drive on it. This is pretty bad now. Couple of hours more and there is no way WMP will allow the game to go ahead.
Same story with me. The car isn’t going nowhere if it’s anything like it was driving an hour ago. Way too dangerous.

Back