• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I was under the impression that snow wasn't uncommon in England? Are there not plows and the like over there?

I was under the impression that snow wasn't uncommon in England? Are there not plows and the like over there?
Nah, in the Midlands it's once every 3 years or so, used to be more common but your carbon output put paid to that :)

We’ve had two weeks of snow this year and it’s been a bad winter.

It's pretty rare really. Joys of an island - our climate is moderated by the seas around us. Yeah - we get dustings and shit. But a battering is unusual. Unless you believe the Daily Express.

We have gritters with ploughs but not many of them. They are dead money for most days of most years.

Drive to Birmingham done again. Conditions a lot worse than last night and despite being less traffic there is a higher amount of fucking morons around.

If the snow is heading north them there is a fair bit on the way. Just started hammering down again here in the last 20 minutes, and it is the lovely big flakes coming now

Scene from WV3 - 2 miles from Molineux:

292b92b992fb1a7411332c6106c8d476.jpg

Due to start again for another couple of hours, which, presuming it's the stuff Trips is seeing now, could cause some further issues. It's just not shifting.

Nothing forecasted until later tonight and even then it’s only sleet.

I'm now stuck in Frankfurt. Makes for a change I suppose, much shitter airport thought happily no grolsch.

It’s warming up here now and the snow is starting to melt, plenty of it around though so it’ll take a while to shift.

about to make the effort to trek to a shop. I may be some time!

It’s warming up here now and the snow is starting to melt, plenty of it around though so it’ll take a while to shift.

be interesting to watch the melting, and extent to which flooding/water becomes an issue. Hoping as it melts it doesn't re-freeze, as ice can be worse.

Similar down here - about 4c today & forecast to go up to 8 or 9c in a day or so

be interesting to watch the melting, and extent to which flooding/water becomes an issue. Hoping as it melts it doesn't re-freeze, as ice can be worse.

I don't think it will freeze, the temperatures are supposed to be rising and we're due rain tomorrow by the look of it.

Bits in stafford too. Very glad to have got back, there were proper mountains of snow at Birmingham airport.

Snowing here as well. Couldn’t give a fuck at the mo although I’ve got to clear a load of it again tomorrow. I’ve got to use a fucking dustpan as well as I’ve broke the snow shovel.

Seems like they got the call right then. Getting home after the game might have been a pain

Back