• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

It's worth reading through the older pages of this thread - it's very funny.

Paddy is the sweariest person ever when weather is being discussed. :icon_lol:

Weather conditions for the weekend up there?

Not fussed about the cold (have already broken out the thermals & thick socks) - but as driving up & staying over, likelihood of any significant snow?

(getting hourly update warnings on the phone from the Met Office, but those are unfailingly average in accuracy)

Doubt we'll get too much settling. Won't be nice though. Downright weird for the time of year.

It was 15 degrees in Hamburg last weekend I'll have you know...

I'll be driving to Wolves tomorrow too. If it settled and the roads are chaos I'll be staying home!

Doubt we'll get too much settling. Won't be nice though. Downright weird for the time of year.

Five years ago my dad had about 1/3 of the guests turn up to his 60th birthday party at the end of March as it was fucking thick with snow. When we brought Cass home from the hospital the day after she was born early March 12 years ago it was thick with snow. It's really not that weird to be getting this shit at this time of year anymore.

I'm not interested in your facts and evidence, mister.

I don't have many, you should cherish them.

Five years ago my dad had about 1/3 of the guests turn up to his 60th birthday party at the end of March as it was fucking thick with snow. When we brought Cass home from the hospital the day after she was born early March 12 years ago it was thick with snow. It's really not that weird to be getting this shit at this time of year anymore.

We moved on the 26th March that year and it snowed the day before and was lying for much of the following week.

I read ages ago that statistically you're more likely to get snow in March than in December.

A good few inches of snow here overnight and it’s still coming down. Might struggle to get into work by the look of it.

Wasn't expecting to wake up to a full covering of snow.

Yep, more than anticipated. Seems to have stopped now.

Message for PLF - weather warning remains in place down south. If driving back is an issue for you, and you don't want to chance it, I can put you up, overnight isn't a problem. Will pm you my details just in case. Don't want you risking travelling on poor roads/motorways.

It would mean you'd need to get to south birmingham, but I live on a main road, and there appears to be a thaw kicking in already round here.

South Birmingham was bad this morning. We stayed in Small Heath, and there was over a foot this morning. I was freaked that our taxi wouldn't arrive and also freaked it wouldn't get us to airport on time.

where i am is classed as south birmingham, but isn't small heath way. Roads are clearing here now anyway.

Got home fine (taking a bit longer than usual) - poorest driving conditions were in the last 10 miles in Dorset as any exposed & slightly upland area was becoming impassable.

Pleased to be home & in the warm

I now think that the authorities have also had enough of the shite weather and have just thought 'ah fuck it' with regards to gritting pavements in Birmingham. I'm pleased I wore my walking boots - it's treacherous pretty much everywhere.

It's supposed to be slightly warmer tomorrow so all being well, that'll be the end of this crap. Worst winter in recent memory?

Definitely, the nob heads hadn't even gritted the path out to Victoria Sq from New Street, it was carnage this morning.

The path down past Wesleyan towards the Childrens Hospital was lethal - saw several people fall over. And the traffic lights outside Aston Uni were even worse.

And our heating system has failed.

Awesome start to the week. Though the long faces of the many Villa fans who work here did cheer me up ever so slightly.

Me too, the very talkative villa fan behind me is strangely quiet today :)

Back