• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

walked in again, no chance of cycling, and pointless trying to drive with the queues.
One of my busiest weeks of the year, so could do without getting in late, and having the walk home, but hey ho!
Seems this snow isn't as dry/powdery, and has been trodden down and is therefore compressed and has turned to ice.

2013 when the entire UK was white over on satellite imagery. That was worse. This was just a short blast.

97256.jpg

I think it might have been 2013 when the entire UK was white over on satellite imagery. That was worse. This was just a short blast.

There just seems to have been so many spells of shit weather. Maybe neither of them were as severe as that one, but just when you think it's done, another load of snow arrives.

And it's also worse now because they keep getting stupid names. Storm Dave, The Beast from the East - fuck off with that shit, it's just crap weather. Don't give it an identity.

And yes, it's made me grumpy today. Or grumpier, I should say.

Some absolutely lethal large patches of ice walking Sydney to school this morning, I’m pretty surprised the schools were even open it was that dangerous going in.

I now think that the authorities have also had enough of the shite weather and have just thought 'ah fuck it' with regards to gritting pavements in Birmingham. I'm pleased I wore my walking boots - it's treacherous pretty much everywhere.

It's supposed to be slightly warmer tomorrow so all being well, that'll be the end of this crap. Worst winter in recent memory?
Not winter. The start of Spring has been cold though.

There just seems to have been so many spells of shit weather. Maybe neither of them were as severe as that one, but just when you think it's done, another load of snow arrives.

And it's also worse now because they keep getting stupid names. Storm Dave, The Beast from the East - fuck off with that shit, it's just crap weather. Don't give it an identity.

And yes, it's made me grumpy today. Or grumpier, I should say.

Chill out.....

First day of Spring is tomorrow. Not today.

1 March 2018 is the first day of the meteorological spring

20 March 2018 is the first day of the astronomical spring

Last edited:
Had been raining for 48 hrs when I went to bed last night - get up this morning & it's still raining & has done all day

Forecast is for it to continue through till Monday then turn into....................................snow

Going to have to find the Ark plans if this carries on

Finally - sun!!!!!!!!!!!

In shorts today, but only in the back garden so as to not upset the neighbours :icon_smile:

Bowls green opens on Monday & whilst with last weeks incessant rain that was in doubt & couple of days of this will remove the problem entirely

where's the sun gone, or is that Summer over?

Looks nice by the backend of next week.

Bank holiday next weekend prepare for weather of Biblical proportions :)

Back