• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I have a ten storey building in EC4 that is supposed to be topping out on 22 December. I still have two floors of cladding and the roof panels to send. Most of the ninth floor is sat in the warehouse waiting for pallets to pack it in and the tenth is waiting for paint that will be arriving at Heathrow (don't ask) today. Next week is going to end up being more than a touch fraught.

Two feet of snow down here:

DQm-ShhXUAAFPMs.jpg:small

I have a ten storey building in EC4 that is supposed to be topping out on 22 December. I still have two floors of cladding and the roof panels to send. Most of the ninth floor is sat in the warehouse waiting for pallets to pack it in and the tenth is waiting for paint that will be arriving at Heathrow (don't ask) today. Next week is going to end up being more than a touch fraught.
#struggling

Yep. I think I need to be at one artic a day to hit target, and that just isn't going to happen.

Just cleared our cars before everything freezes overnight, only had a couple of inches at worst round here. Still should be enough to make tomorrow's commute interesting though, at least one bugger of a hill on each of our journeys.

Who wins the snowman building contest

8_FFECC7_D_DDA9_4565_BEC5_726_F067_C5_B40.png

1_A961383_BA5_B_4845_90_BD_6_BCACA244757.png

6_A30_A0_F1_CBFA_4_F9_A_90_C7_8_D2_C2_FEF7_FD2.png

F3_B65_B8_C_73_F3_475_E_B5_DC_085274_AA8_ACA.jpg

I'm impressed that Jota's actually looks a bit like him.

Danny wins purely for being in shorts & no gloves :icon_smile:

Proper British player unlike those fancy foreigners

Just cleared our cars before everything freezes overnight, only had a couple of inches at worst round here. Still should be enough to make tomorrow's commute interesting though, at least one bugger of a hill on each of our journeys.

I have left the snow on the car so at least in the morning I only have the snow to clear. The Antarctic scenario on the roads in Hinckley will be another dilemma. I could walk to work, but it is a good 35 minute walk in good weather, never mind something that Amundsen would have struggled to negotiate...

Took the dog out for a walk. Captain Oates moment! He found the deepest drift he could by the canal. It was up past my calves and he is only little but he LOVED it.

BTW - still snowing and still no word from work so I guess I am leaving at 5.15. Deep joy.

Tomorrow as I leave the house I will tell the good lady, "I am going for a walk, I may be gone sometime."

Still fucking snowing in Stafford. Needs to do one now.

Still snowing here as well. Another couple of hours of it looking at the radar.

Really?

I must admit I thought that was one of the most well known, but there you go, maybe not

Depends if you've seen Scott of the Antarctic I suppose.

Or have knowledge of the story I suppose. I just thought it was very well known, but clearly not. No criticism intended for those that didn't know it.

BHX runways still shut. My wife is due to fly back from Belfast this evening. I am expecting that to be cancelled

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
Yep - cancelled and no Easyjet flight available until Tuesday so had to take the option of the paltry one sector refund and buy new expensive ticket to East Midlands with Flybe tomorrow afternoon. Got a nagging feeling more disruptIon and cancellations to follow tomorrow as well. ....sigh

So the snow has stopped finally but with the temperatures dropping like a stone today and tonight it’s going to be really bad tomorrow when it all freezes over.

Back