• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

The path down New Hampton Road from the lights was extremely treacherous on Saturday. I couldn't believe it hadn't been gritted or treated in any way.

Sent all the staff home this morning on the grounds of the roads and yards being lethal, then had several phone calls during the day from my director at our Rotherham office, wasn't actually saying we were skiving but that was the gist.

Had me and one other at work all day yesterday and today. My boss rang this afternoon and asked could I not save more money on wages. It was a short phone conversation

The path down New Hampton Road from the lights was extremely treacherous on Saturday. I couldn't believe it hadn't been gritted or treated in any way.

We've had nowt done round here but I guess as the snow was still falling as late as 4am or so this morning (or so I gather - I wasn't stood at the window all night or anything :D ), the school nearby has been shut and very few people have ventured out all day, it's not compacted over yet.

BBC have us down as low as -7 later and that will probably change things.

Should send the Dorset gritters up to help - keep getting weather warnings of snow & ice, but bugger all has happened

Just wet & a bit cold!

Took the Mrs’ car (Nissan Qashqai) in to work this morning rather than my rear wheel drive BMW. We have a private lane to drive up to get to the main road which is not salted or gritted so I didn’t fancy my chances in my car. Got to work with no issues in her motor, though - and fortunately was only on a half day today and am off on holiday days which I needed to use up tomorrow & Wednesday, so hopefully the worst of it will be gone by Thursday when I have to go back to work.

That said, did my bit for the community earlier, and loaded up a load of buckets with salt/grit and went out to spread it on the lane before it all freezes tonight.

Living in Bridgnorth and working in Wolves, my car has been snowed in since Friday and the hill where I live virtually impassable with snow and ice. I messaged my line manager last night to ask if I could work at home. This was fine.

Got up this morning, did 2 hours work then got an email from our overall manager saying anyone who had not made it in today was either to book it as leave or take it unpaid and home working was not permitted.

My 67 year old dad came round and we spent a couple of hours digging up the ice and snow on the hill and off my car.

I could have been working.

Shit.

Been driving back and forth to stoke from Stafford every day as the wife and baby are still in hospital (yay, thanks Dave and Co for virtually closing our hospital). Surprisingky it's not been that bad, as long as I keep to mains roads and motorway. It's only really our road which is so treacherous. Really wish she could come out though and I didn't have to keep doing it :(

Baby is fine, but my wife has high blood pressure. Same as happened with last pregnancy. She's OK, but it scares the crap out of me, trying some new medicine and it seems to be working.

Didn't help that the couple in the next bed at the ward were straight out of Jeremy Kyle.

Good news mate !

nb. See I didn't comment on being married to you and high blood pressure :)

It's now -4 outside and the Polish guy who lives next door has his bedroom window wide open. He literally had it open 24/7 during the warmer months, and he still keeps opening it even throughout the winter. Tonight takes the biscuit. I think there's something seriously wrong with him.

Vodka. Warms the body and the soul.

It's now -4 outside and the Polish guy who lives next door has his bedroom window wide open. He literally had it open 24/7 during the warmer months, and he still keeps opening it even throughout the winter. Tonight takes the biscuit. I think there's something seriously wrong with him.
I've got mine open,not fully only about 5 inches or so,but it's open,I never ever shut the bedroom window,weather app says its -7 where I live

Last edited:
I've got mine open,not fully only about 5 inches or so,but it's open,I never ever shut the bedroom window,weather app says its -7 where I live
I always have my hotel room or bedroom window open too irrespective of the outside temperature.

Back