• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I can't stand being anywhere near cold. I hate it. Even in the middle of summer the bedroom window only gets opened on the very hottest nights. I still sleep under my duvet in the summer too.

I can't stand being anywhere near cold. I hate it. Even in the middle of summer the bedroom window only gets opened on the very hottest nights. I still sleep under my duvet in the summer too.

Do you wear jim jams aswell all year round?

I don't own any pyjamas. I sleep as nature intended.

I do normally but I was bought a pair of Wolves jim jams last week which I love and which has put an end to me bare arse hanging out the bed.

I get told I'm like a radiator but I hate being cold, think people expect me to want windows open etc and I'd just prefer to be snug, radiating out heat to those nearby.

Fucking blizzarded it down when I just drive back from Stoke to Stafford, incredibly dangerous but had no choice as had to get the kids from cubs.

If it wasn't for my brilliant new son, this week could really fuck right fucking off.

Absolutely LETHAL trying to walk the kids to school this morning - I have never seen it as bad as this in Stourbridge. The station car park is a sheet of black ice, all side roads and pavements leading towards the school are like walking on glass covered in oil. It's normally a 15 minute walk but it took us nearer 45.

I hope the fucking stuff melts ASAP as I've had enough now. (Mind you, I was saying that at midday on Friday #bahhumbug)

Absolutely LETHAL trying to walk the kids to school this morning - I have never seen it as bad as this in Stourbridge. The station car park is a sheet of black ice, all side roads and pavements leading towards the school are like walking on glass covered in oil. It's normally a 15 minute walk but it took us nearer 45.

I hope the fucking stuff melts ASAP as I've had enough now. (Mind you, I was saying that at midday on Friday #bahhumbug)

Not just the station in Stoke then. That was also a sheet of black ice, fair play to the lady in red high heels who stomped her way across it when the rest of us looked like zombies from the Walking Dead.

The most miraculous thing about the journey this morning was that my daughter - the clumsiest human being I have ever met who falls over on a very regular basis - never once lost her balance. I did. Mini Langers did. But my daughter? As composed as Ruben Neves.

Yep its' bad. I walked to/from work all week til yesterday and didn't fall over or anything. Got out my car this morning and slipped straight on my ass.

Obviously not getting any better - almost had snow down here this morning

Didn't last more than 10 mins before it turned to rain

(as to the window debate - have to have at least one open whatever the weather, get a headache otherwise)

Got my car onto my drive last night (I live on a hill, then my drive is further up a hill). Then this morning just skated down the road. When got back couldn’t get my car onto my road just wheel-spinning. So had to leave it at the bottom of the road and nearly stacked it several times on the 20m journey up the house and back to the car. Literally an ice rink

Obviously not getting any better - almost had snow down here this morning

Didn't last more than 10 mins before it turned to rain

(as to the window debate - have to have at least one open whatever the weather, get a headache otherwise)

Improved no end up here, rained Tuesday night which washed most of the crap away and then warm enough yesterday to melt whatever was left over. Was a little flurry last night that turned everything white again before I went to bed but no sign of anything remaining when I woke up this morning.

Moaning fuckers you lot. I cycled in to work today.

Buy yourself some of those grippers you can attach to your shoes. Fucking bargain, got mine for 99p from home bargains last year I think.

I like the snow. I miss it already. Hope we have some more soon.

Moaning fuckers you lot. I cycled in to work today.

Buy yourself some of those grippers you can attach to your shoes. Fucking bargain, got mine for 99p from home bargains last year I think.

I like the snow. I miss it already. Hope we have some more soon.

Certainly not moaning - think I would prefer a bit of snow rather than the cold wind & rain that I have had

Have decent walking boots to cope & grippers to cope with the snow/ice & can make myself feel good by offering to get supplies in for the 2 (even more) elderly neighbours thus giving myself a warm glow

Although I don't agree, I can understand why people like the snow. People pay actual money to go to snowy places and slide down them on sticks so there's clearly a demand for it.

But no-one ever says "I really miss that treacherous black ice stuff. Such fun!"

Not braved getting back on the bike yet. Local roads into work are still a bit hairy. Hope to get a couple of commutes done next week when the roads are back to normal.

Back