• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Jesus

Kids school will be shut again tomorrow. Unbelievable scenes. It was raining earlier and the temperature is rising miles. Cheers teachers.

Jesus

Kids school will be shut again tomorrow. Unbelievable scenes. It was raining earlier and the temperature is rising miles. Cheers teachers.

Temperature has risen here as well. We had a spot of rain earlier this evening, I just hope it doesn't freeze tonight or the paths will truly resemble skating rinks.

Stunning. School change their mind and decide to open, notifying parents just before 7. Well sorry, that is just too late. Squeeze is in London, and I start work at 6am

That's shocking!

My kids' school have emailed telling me it's the Carol Service tonight, and attendance is mandatory. Erm - nope, it isn't. Fuck right off - there's no way in hell I can get back from work, pick my kids up, feed them and trek down to the church in time (where the conditions are still very dangerous - similar to what it was like around the school yesterday WHEN YOU DECIDED TO STAY CLOSED) just to beef up your numbers.

That's shocking!

My kids' school have emailed telling me it's the Carol Service tonight, and attendance is mandatory. Erm - nope, it isn't. Fuck right off - there's no way in hell I can get back from work, pick my kids up, feed them and trek down to the church in time (where the conditions are still very dangerous - similar to what it was like around the school yesterday WHEN YOU DECIDED TO STAY CLOSED) just to beef up your numbers.

I get similar emails every day in this tone for fund raising, school fetes, PTA meetings and the like. The school secretaries must take courses in how to write emails in the most inflammatory language to piss parents off.

I get similar emails every day in this tone for fund raising, school fetes, PTA meetings and the like. The school secretaries must take courses in how to write emails in the most inflammatory language to piss parents off.

Yeah - they do my head in. I'm half expecting Paddy to get an email telling him his kids have been put down as unauthorised absences.

What is with people leaving bedroom windows open in this weather? Have you got endless pots of cash to give to energy companies?

A lot of older houses have bad air circulation and poor ventilation which causes condensation. We open ours a lot to let the moisture out. And no I don’t have endless pots of cash to give to energy companies.

Positively tropical in mid Wales now,and normal weather service resumed,it's raining,so now passengers are moaning about the rain rather than the snow and how cold it is

It's now -4 outside and the Polish guy who lives next door has his bedroom window wide open. He literally had it open 24/7 during the warmer months, and he still keeps opening it even throughout the winter. Tonight takes the biscuit. I think there's something seriously wrong with him.

Have similar 2 doors up. Back bedroom window is NEVER shut, even when they all go out but sshhh. Reason being the 2 cats get in and out the house this way (and any other cats that fancy it, would you believe). Any way - the snow won and they have finally shut the window for a few days.

I'm surprised my boss hasn't got his window open and making me freeze my ass off like he normally does. He's one of these that likes to 'let a bit of air in...'

Carol Service cancelled tonight.

1jjk8.gif

I always have my bedroom window open too, I like being cold. I know it's weird, but meh.

The snow did mean that Matilda's first ever school play was postponed and rearranged to a date that I can't make. Gutted

What is with people leaving bedroom windows open in this weather? Have you got endless pots of cash to give to energy companies?

I do, all year round. Can't stand a stuffy hot bedroom, it's unhealthy.

I used to have my bedroom window open majority of the time at my mum and dads, hate going to bed hot so had to balance out them having the heating on all the time and I'd usually have the TV/games consoles on for a couple hours before bed which only adds to the problem.

Not an issue any longer though, think it'd be impossible to get my old ass house to anything like the sort of temperatures that my parents house usually is, the one room without a radiator is like a walk in fridge with the heat pouring out the external wall.

Back