• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I think this time has been the worst in the 9 years I've been driving. Can't be many times in that? Still I remember at least one year we had a lot, but I think the snow was the worst part... don't think it all froze and caused so much crap. (shit loads of falls and injuries in case one is wondering)

Not as bad as it was in the early sixties (either 61 or 63 - memory failing as to exactly when)

Had about 3ft of snow in Surrey & we lived up an unmade lane - pretty sure my father couldn't get the car out for about 4 weeks

Not as bad as it was in the early sixties (either 61 or 63 - memory failing as to exactly when)

Had about 3ft of snow in Surrey & we lived up an unmade lane - pretty sure my father couldn't get the car out for about 4 weeks
Winter of 62/63. Started snowing on Boxing Day followed by blizzards to end of December. January 63 the temperatures plummeted (the sea froze up to a mile off the SE coast!)

Mrs Lincs slipped on ice on Tuesday morning in Derby, when she got up she had a finger pointing in the opposite direction and a head wound. First aider patched her up and along with the obvious broken finger she has broken an additional bone in her hand. No serious issues with her head injury thankfully.

Really foggy down here now - can just about see the house across the road

Re above - just don't want a storm on Christmas Eve as will be travelling then

Cycle here this morning was fine. Just looked out the window and it has gone very foggy.

:icon_lol:

Thankfully it has cleared now. Plus my sooper dooper new lights work excellently in the dark.

I think that’s when all lights tend to do their thing best.

Actually had snow in Dorset on the 27th during my journey back home

Don't know what the world's coming to - it's not normally allowed here

We had some decent snow up here earlier, only last an hour or so but still enough to get it white over.

Fecking windy down here today.

Not as bad as some have had but unailed down items starting to fly around the garden & trees bending more than is possibly good for them (fortunately those in my garden ar far enough away to not hit anything important if they do go)

Was windy up here the last couple days, had to replace a fence panel that had given way and ended up half way up the drive folded in two but all seems to have died down now.

Quick sacrifice a virgin, the sky has gone biblical here.

Back