• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (H) 20/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

A goal straight out of 1985!

Horrible defending all round.

Might watch the first half on my way to work!

Adama for Neto and Moutinho for Donck I think. Play your strongest available team.

Which does not include Jota. Neto is in much better form.

I was told that Espanyol were shocking, not on this evidence admittedly it’s the first time I’ve watched them. Are they going to be more motivated to stay up than a long Europa league run or is top flight status in Spain not as desperately desired as it is in the PL?

Espanyol down to 10 men

2-2 now and Espanyol hanging on.

2-2 now, decent hit by Suso and then their keeper makes a great save to deny Navas. Not sure where Raul de Tomas is for them today, big signing in January and been scoring a bit I think.

Heard he might have a knock and probably won’t travel this week.

Groin injury the commentator said at the start.

This isn't like playing a stereotypical Spanish team. They're long ball and physical.

Wonder if the team all sit down and watch this together or still having a lie in after Rui’s party?

Ok good news. Interesting to see if they make any/many changes from today. How does Luuk de Jong get in this Sevilla team? Looked awful for Newcastle a couple of years ago.

Expect 2 banks of 5 on Thursday they’ll happily take 0-0.

Not too concerned after that. Unlikely to be a pretty game but we should have the measure of them.

Was going to say, they remind me of a Mick team.

They've changed managers twice recently so it might just be a case of do whatever you have to to get points.

I didn’t watch the game today but if they are long ball and physical, that’s the kind of side we sometimes struggle against, especially if they isolate Coady.

I didn’t watch the game today but if they are long ball and physical, that’s the kind of side we sometimes struggle against, especially if they isolate Coady.
We've got better at dealing with that. For example the last time Mitro was in town, we made sure Benno was always close to him and that stopped him dominating Coady.

The target man today was Jonathan Calleri. He won't be dominating anyone, Sevilla just fell asleep on the goal he assisted, horrible defending.

Watched some of Dortmund vs PSG last night. Tackles - esp Can on Neymar - that would have been yellow all day long in Prem going unpunished. Adama could find it a bit feisty on Thursday...

Is there going to be var bullshit in this game? They said theyll start using it for the knockout phases

There is VAR but it's UEFA's version which amazingly enough works properly.

Back