• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (H) 20/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

Teams?

I'd go

Patricio
Boly Coady Saiss
Doherty Dendonker Moutinho Johnny
Traore Jota Neto

Give Neves and Jimenez a rest unless needed.

I don’t see any way that Neves and Jimenez don’t play. I think we’ll go full strength and the only choice is Jota or Neto. I could see Neves being rested against Norwich though.

Why would we be resting anyone in this game??!!! :icon_lol:

This is the most important game in our recent history. Anything short of a full-strength team would be lunacy.

We will go full strength for this - whether that is Jota or Neto in the front line with Traore & Jiminez is open for debate (for me Neto takes it on current form)

Why would we be resting anyone in this game??!!! :icon_lol:

Because we have a very important game Sunday too and likelihood is can win this game whilst resting players.

Re Jimnez I'm not sure you'd even classify it as 'a rest'. Not been firing for a few weeks now, needs something. The playing him through poor patch doesn't seem to be working give the lad a rest and hopefully he'll come back into the team with a new lease.

Because we have a very important game Sunday too and likelihood is can win this game whilst resting players.

Re Jimnez I'm not sure you'd even classify it as 'a rest'. Not been firing for a few weeks now, needs something. The playing him through poor patch doesn't seem to be working give the lad a rest and hopefully he'll come back into the team with a new lease.

He's not having a poor patch really. He's not scored for a few games but his all round play has been good and is crucial to how we play as a whole.

Resting players for the knock out stages of the Europa league [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

We have the important game on Thursday not Sunday. Europa League is the priority. Resting players late in a competition to try and ensure qualifying for it again is SOOOOOOO Martin O'Neill.

Plus we can twat Norwich while resting players. If it was Spurs on Sunday I could see the argument. So we go full strength, kill the tie and then can rest a few for the return leg which IS before we play Spurs.

It is essential that we do not concede. 0 0 at the very worst.

I would prefer 2 0 and a similar score V Norwich!

Seeing a lot online about resting Jimenez and others.

Think some are underestimating our opposition, left we forget they won their group even if they have been poor in La Liga.

Resting your top goalscorer and a midfielder who has dominated in his recent displays is nothing short of fucking lunacy.

The only case I can see is for/against Jota but think Nuno will play him into form.

Seeing a lot online about resting Jimenez and others.

Think some are underestimating our opposition, left we forget they won their group even if they have been poor in La Liga.

Resting your top goalscorer and a midfielder who has dominated in his recent displays is nothing short of fucking lunacy.

The only case I can see is for/against Jota but think Nuno will play him into form.
Exactly my thoughts.

Haven't even thought about how Thursday might impact the Norwich game. We have to beat Espanyol.

I don't agree with Paddy's hyperbole re Norwich, but with the effort we put into getting into Europe and the way we have prioritised it over the league (Everton) it would be madness to go anything other than full strength from here on in

This is absolutely the priority as we aren't making the top five.

Back