• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (H) 20/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Sevilla vs Espanyol is live on Freesports this morning at 11am UK time if anyone wants to do a bit of scouting...

For me, Adama in for Jota (and Neto switched over) and Moutinho in for Donck as the two changes from Friday's starting XI.

Might watch the first half on my way to work!

Adama for Neto and Moutinho for Donck I think. Play your strongest available team.

Might watch the first half on my way to work!

Adama for Neto and Moutinho for Donck I think. Play your strongest available team.

I'd have to say on current form Neto should play in place of Jota. Traore but only if he's 100% fit, if not I'd be happy to see Podence start

Definitely Neto over Jota.

Neto has done nothing wrong and has impressed. Didn't deserve dropping for United or his withdrawal on Friday night.

Front 3 of Neto - Raul - Traore. Jota needs to improve

It will be the usual full strength Thursday and then Donk will come in for Neves on Sunday for complete midfield rotation. With possible wide forward rotation on Sunday as well

They should have conceded a penalty just. Deliberate block.

Traore back in for Jota. Moutinho in for Donk.

Sevilla vs Espanyol is live on Freesports this morning at 11am UK time if anyone wants to do a bit of scouting...
Weather looks decent. Doesn’t look like Storm Dennis will be hitting Seville!

Perfect use of VAR in the game. Contact but certainly not a penalty or at least not a “clear and obvious” one, wasn’t a pen for me. Mahrez got a pen after 2 minutes for less whereas this was done in under 30 seconds

Espanyol (H) 20/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

Wu Lei looks lively getting forward.

They also like a Rory Delap long throw.

Losing 1-0

Defensively Espanol seem to leave space. And its 1 nil as I speak

They haven't been much cop so far.

Sevilla look a very good team, dangerous every time they've attacked.

Not sure how they haven’t given a red there. He was literally shooting. The definition of a CGSO

That other defender wasn't getting round, should have been off.

Mind you based on watching Calleri at West Ham, he wasn't very likely to score even if he was clean through.

Jumping the wall for a freekick 18 yards out is stupid(I know they put someone behind it badly). You can’t get it up and over the wall from there at pace so the keeper can walk across a catch it if he does manage it

Don't think he meant that at all! Totally muffed it.

Can VAR be used then to award free kicks and give yellow cards when checking for penalties?

I don't think we allow it in the PL, no idea what Spain's internal rules are. Seemed pretty clear initially that it was outside the box anyway.

I still think they broke protocol by booking Raul at home vs Southampton for deliberate handball (and it was bollocks regardless, it was accidental, no problem with no goal being given but it wasn't a yellow card offence)

Wu Lei puts them 2-1 up

Back