• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Unfortunately the pictures of covidiots not socially distancing, frolicking by packed beaches enjoying late summer sun rather back him up. I am not a Boris fan but what else could he say or do? We all need to be responsible and look out for ourselves while protecting others. This is here for a loooooooooonnnnnng time yet!

Just remember there are two types of Covidiots. The kind you mention is one form of idiocy and the other consists of politicians who use the mantra of 'science' (it really is scientism) to justify their politicizing of the virus crisis in order to garner more (almost fascist) power for themselves and abject dependence on the part of the populace. If it weren't for the other bronzed idiot in the US who is always spouting conspiracy theories and obscuring the truth, the two types of covidiots would be obvious.

test complete. waiting game begins.
No leaving the house for the next 14 days, unless results allow us to.

Unless the question is 'how can i be a racist thundercunt' then his thoughts are worthless.

Passengers in chauffeur driven cars are not included in the new regulations and therefore do not have to wear face masks.

test complete. waiting game begins.
No leaving the house for the next 14 days, unless results allow us to.

If you have symptoms they tell you to isolate regardless of a negative test

6178 new cases today and an extra 549 in hospital compared to a week ago.

NHS Covid 19 App is out, includes BT tracking too.

Go on then, should we close schools?
Nope. Tier 2 restrictions seem to make the most sense. Split the school cohort in half and have them in alternately on a 2 week rota with lessons taking place remotely for the students at home. All staff in full time as normal. You could even then prioritise certain year groups and/or subject areas at different times throughout the year.

Tier 2 is probably what will happen in a couple of weeks as the numbers continue to rise and the Gov can no longer try and blame your naughty neighbours, but it should have been the plan from the start. Had we been able to work towards that for the last couple of months of lockdown and the summer holiday we would have been able to develop our remote teaching facilities and equip all pupil premium students with devices for home in time for the new school year. Plus, more importantly, we could have made the school properly Covid safe for all staff and the students who are in school thus reducing the risk of in school infection and the need to isolate entire year groups and perfectly healthy teaching staff - in reality it's not possible to socially distance for anyone with a full cohort, even with the extensive (and expensive!) measures we've taken. We're endlessly having to react to unprecedented situations and redirect the limited resources we have in place into different areas on an almost daily basis.

On the last day of the school year in July, we had a letter from Gavvy Gav saying we should NOW start preparing the school for September. No shit, dicksplash, what the fuck do you think we've been doing blindly since March!. No guidance, framework, contingencies or policies to work with of any kind. Just generic stuff about social distancing and hand sanitising.

The whole tier 2 proposal didn't come about until it was leaked on the August Bank Holiday weekend - 2 days before schools returned!!!

Last edited:
Kids are germ factories at the best of times. I don't understand how they thought just piling everyone back in at once was a good idea?!

I know, because Gav etc, but y'know.

over 100 cases at glasgow university, with over 600 students self isolating.
another university cancelled freshers week activities, like outdoor cinema screenings, as attendees weren't socially distancing.
James O'Brien suggested opening universities was essentially creating a huge petri dish for a virus that is already spiralling. He's right, we are essentially creating conditions to enable widespread transmission.

Kids are germ factories at the best of times. I don't understand how they thought just piling everyone back in at once was a good idea?!

I know, because Gav etc, but y'know.

To be fair i think it was really important that they got kids back at school, uni, college etc.

However to then blame the rise in cases on the public for breaking the rules, rather than making it clear that it was an obvious effect of millions of kids being back in education and/or back in their offices is frankly disgusting.

over 100 cases at glasgow university, with over 600 students self isolating.
another university cancelled freshers week activities, like outdoor cinema screenings, as attendees weren't socially distancing.
James O'Brien suggested opening universities was essentially creating a huge petri dish for a virus that is already spiralling. He's right, we are essentially creating conditions to enable widespread transmission.

The problem is they're asking students to stay in their accommodation bubbles - we all know that isn't going to happen and parties will be rife with the night clubs shut. Though I still don't buy into this government agenda that 18-30 year olds are to blame.

NHS Covid 19 App is out, includes BT tracking too.

Interesting that the level warning has just 2 options - Medium or YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOUR GRANNY (or High as they put it)

Places like the South West should be on a Low level but guess stepping up the restrictions this week they can't let anyone relax

Interesting that the level warning has just 2 options - Medium or YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOUR GRANNY (or High as they put it)

Places like the South West should be on a Low level but guess stepping up the restrictions this week they can't let anyone relax

Ah, didn't realise that - just said I am in a medium area (which judging by the increase in +ve tests over the last couple of weeks is correct)

Ah, didn't realise that - just said I am in a medium area (which judging by the increase in +ve tests over the last couple of weeks is correct)

If you click on the Risk Level you can then look at the definitions of area risk levels and you have

HIGH - (PANIC!!!)
MEDIUM (Your local auority or a neighbouring LA has high or rising levels of infection)

In Wales they have High, Medium & Low though

Back