• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Team sports being taken out of the exeptions for the rule of 6 is a pain

Outdoor bowls has finished now, but it would have done for the one competition we did manage to arrange in Aug & Sept if it had been there earlier.

Now going to finish off any chance of the Short Mat Club starting, plus hitting the only remaining income for the outdoor club who own the site & clubhouse as they rent it off us & even with an extra free day we have given then they will not be viable on those numbers. Has cost us £9000 in lost income this year (plus no membership fees next year to cover the fact that they paid & couldn't really play).

Said (slightly tongue in cheek) yesterday that all us oldies need to be locked up & everyone else just gets on with life.

Daughter in law has been sent home as the nursery she works at had 2 positive adult covid tests - was told to try to arrange a test herself so she could return if negative once they had deep cleaned the place - 3 days on there is still nothing available.

Had to spend almost 12 hours in A&E yesterday due to Blood Cancer stuff. The good thing was they gave me a Covid test immediately. Just texted me with an all clear. Yay!

Fuck listening to that fat cunt twice in one day.

Absolutely, was more suggesting it as a reason for the bog roll shortages.

Hope she's Ok matey x
Thanks Paul!
Yes, that's the explanation behind my username, I can't believe I've not mentioned it in the pub at some point!

I hope Mrs Jelly is OK mate.
Good job I've never given you any lip then! I've never asked either tbh, but I quite like the human aspect on matchdays. Thanks for the kind words.
The website is a joke. I called 119 last week and got a test that afternoon, about 5-10 mins to get an operator but much more helpful than online
OK so my top tips are to complete the full process and leave the browser open. once you get to the bit where it selects 'walk through' or 'drive through' don't close or refresh, just click between the 2. slots seem to be released at 8pm for the morning and 11am for the afternoon. went online at 8, and managed to book a test for tomorrow morning round the corner from the house. Slots were becoming live whilst we were completing the process!

The form tells you that householders not displaying symptoms aren't eligible for a test.

It's quite odd. She didn't feel 100% for a couple of days, but it was "just a cold". This morning she couldn't smell her coffee (but could taste) at about 11. We tested other smells (thyme, pickle, basil, aftershave) and nothing (she usually has an exceptional sense of smell.
Made her a cuppa at 12.30 and she couldn't taste it. Came on quickly. Her taste was fine yesterday, as 90% of her dinner was grown in the garden and she was commenting how nice the cucumber/pepper/leek/sweetcorn/tomatoes were.

watched boris. the blame game is being ramped up. things are going downhill owing to people breaking the rules. It's other peoples fault.

He will come down hard on them he says.

It was a divisive film imo, at a time he should be striving for unity.

also couldn't help feel that he was smirking during most of it.

watched boris. the blame game is being ramped up. things are going downhill owing to people breaking the rules. It's other peoples fault.

He will come down hard on them he says.

It was a divisive film imo, at a time he should be striving for unity.

also couldn't help feel that he was smirking during most of it.

Unfortunately the pictures of covidiots not socially distancing, frolicking by packed beaches enjoying late summer sun rather back him up. I am not a Boris fan but what else could he say or do? We all need to be responsible and look out for ourselves while protecting others. This is here for a loooooooooonnnnnng time yet!

The turning point for me was Cummings' trip up north, and the subsequent reaction to it by Johnson and his cronies.

Of course, people should be abiding by the rules set in place but if the PMs senior advisor is allowed to blatantly break them with zero consequences, why shouldn't everyone else?

It's been utterly appalling 'leadership' throughout the pandemic and a lot of the chaos is purely down to that lack of leadership.

I have no sympathy for the foppish racist fuckwit. If there was an ounce of honour and dignity in the government, he would have resigned months ago along with the detestable specimens that surround him.

Aye, this is it.

You're going to let that goblin fuck drive all over the country and do what he wants, then I'm afraid I'm not going to listen to you very much.

Johnson has fucked it. He had our consent to lockdown in March we knew financial, mental, social hardships were possible/likely but broadly consent was given that lockdown was a reasonable course of action. That consent was damaged when he looked the over way with his weirdo pal, further damaged with his crank father and obliterated tonight when instead of trying to re-establish unity and a greater good than political allegiance has sewn the seeds for the public being blamed for the now inevitable second lockdown.

His disdain for 95% of the electorate would never allow him to come out and say "mistakes were made" I.e track and trace but he could have rebuilt a little trust and goodwill if he had gone that way, but his message of "listen plebs, fucking behave or ill send the troops in to sort you out" is at best divisive and worst dangerous.

I really do hope the public spite the useless fat fuck and stick to the guidelines however I just can't see it.

When the sickness took hold in this country in March, we pulled together in a spirit of national sacrifice and community. We followed the guidance to the letter. We stayed at home, protected the NHS, and saved thousands of lives.

Well most of us did Alex

Of course, people should be abiding by the rules set in place but if the PMs senior advisor is allowed to blatantly break them with zero consequences, why shouldn't everyone else?

You really are arguing between a reason to do something and an excuse to do something, yes what he did was unbelievably stupid but under what sense does it endorse you doing the same ?

Because there we no consequences. Why should the public listen to anything they say now?

Mind you, the public also voted in this fucking imbecile.

It’s always been one rule for them and one for us, this just makes it starker than usual.

You really are arguing between a reason to do something and an excuse to do something, yes what he did was unbelievably stupid but under what sense does it endorse you doing the same ?
Because it adds to the narrative that it's overblown and a con. If the effective head of the Government does what he wants, he must know something that we don't. Most people on here are politically savvy irrespective of their politics. 75% of the nation aren't

It was said he used his instincts and acted as a responsible parent. It was a big two fingers to everyone else whose instincts were to follow the rules and were being called irresponsible parents.
We're now being told it's really important to stick to the rules. Of course it always was, but that exceptionalism was a big fuck you.

Back