• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Staff and customers in hospitality must wear face coverings. Cant wait to try and enforce that

Looks like for customers it's just if you're walking around (ie going to the toilet, as otherwise you shouldn't be). If you're at a table then you don't need to.

I can’t say I have ever tried to drink a pint through a face mask. I reckon it might be quite challenging...

BTW bog roll shelf in Morrisons was fucking decimated last night.

some sort of straw maybe. all food to be liquidised to aid consumption?

In other news I need some bog roll, FFS!

Wont affect my food pub with zero drinking trade, but good luck to pubs on Monday when they need to close (not last orders!) the doors at 10pm with Liverpool v Arsenal kicking off at 8.15

I'm sure pubs in Liverpool will love that

Town centres will be bedlam at 10pm at the weekend as everyone has to leave at the same time and head home.

If the police haven't got enough on their plate this will add to it.

Wont affect my food pub with zero drinking trade, but good luck to pubs on Monday when they need to close (not last orders!) the doors at 10pm with Liverpool v Arsenal kicking off at 8.15

I'm sure pubs in Liverpool will love that

They will be fine, just not allowed any injury time!

Town centres will be bedlam at 10pm at the weekend as everyone has to leave at the same time and head home.

If the police haven't got enough on their plate this will add to it.

Yep, they haven't thought that one through. Everyone back on the same train!

I went out in Nottingham for dinner on Saturday at about 7:30, was potentially going to go for a drink afterwards.

It was absolutely rammed, scarily so. 20m queue to get into the Lloyds/Spoons for the 2 hours I was in town. Needless to say I didn't stay around and have a drink, much preferred getting a bottle of wine from Sainsbury's and retreating to the relative safety of my own house rather than risk it in the primordial soup that is a busy town centre on a Saturday evening.

Yep, every time I've walked past the Moon (yuck, I'm not sure I feel safe from over the other side of the road) there's been a queue.

We've booked everywhere we've been - obviously non-grotty places - and everything has felt fine and safe. Few times I've seen people turned away due to capacity issues. Table service all the time, all contactless. If I didn't feel safe I'd just leave.

Don't really care about the 10pm thing as I'm rarely out that late these days unless one of the reprobates off here leads me astray.

Our local has been doing masks / one way system / table service and limited entry since reopening. Its actually been really good, so much so we've not really considered going elsewhere.

Yep, every time I've walked past the Moon (yuck, I'm not sure I feel safe from over the other side of the road) there's been a queue.

We've booked everywhere we've been - obviously non-grotty places - and everything has felt fine and safe. Few times I've seen people turned away due to capacity issues. Table service all the time, all contactless. If I didn't feel safe I'd just leave.

Don't really care about the 10pm thing as I'm rarely out that late these days unless one of the reprobates off here leads me astray.

I've always made sure you're home before then, even accounting for miscalculations on train times lol

No indoor team sports until March, that means it'll basically be a whole year for me without training and teaching aikido.

I've always made sure you're home before then, even accounting for miscalculations on train times lol

:icon_lol:

That was over six months ago now, bizarre.

No, you're not one of the bad boys.

:icon_lol:

That was over six months ago now, bizarre.

No, you're not one of the bad boys.

Crazy it was 6 months ago! If I'd known at the time it would be the last time we'd have a beer would have been out longer, although when I'm on brandy at 7.30pm it's probably time to go home lol

I'd have been going full PopWorld if I'd known that was the last game until whenever!

We'll have a beer soon enough mate, just a case of sorting out logistics (and if they change the rules from day to day, which they like to do)

Fat Al trying to claim that Labour shouldn't be slagging off Test and Trace (world beating app now four months and counting overdue) because it doesn't impact on how we control the virus anyway.

Can someone tell South Korea, Singapore, Japan et al that they're wasting their time and money even bothering with such systems? Stupid fucking prick.

No indoor team sports until March, that means it'll basically be a whole year for me without training and teaching aikido.
that explains it (username).

In other news, mrs jelly developed a head cold across the past 3 days. Snotty/bunged up, lethargic.
However, today, she realised a lack of a sense of smell (and her sense of smell is bloody good! She can smell a KFC half a mile away...). Then, 10 mins ago she had a glass of orange and couldn't taste anything.
Unable to book a test - the system is too busy.
Was due to return to on site working this week. That'll be postponed!

In other news, mrs jelly developed a head cold across the past 3 days. Snotty/bunged up, lethargic.
However, today, she realised a lack of a sense of smell (and her sense of smell is bloody good! She can smell a KFC half a mile away...). Then, 10 mins ago she had a glass of orange and couldn't taste anything.
Yes, that's the explanation behind my username, I can't believe I've not mentioned it in the pub at some point!

I hope Mrs Jelly is OK mate.

The website is a joke. I called 119 last week and got a test that afternoon, about 5-10 mins to get an operator but much more helpful than online

Back