• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The government have been mostly rubbish dealing with this pandemic(a few good things) and testing is a farce but it seems to me a large proportion of the British public are fuckwits and cannot be trusted to behave in a reasonable manner. I just can't see the rule of 6 having much of an effect when it appears a lot of the rise in cases is more due to larger gatherings etc. Surely it would be better to shut pubs, restaurants etc till we get it back under control? I know this would cause great hardship to those in the hospitality and leisure industries but we'd just have to extend the gurlough scheme for people in specific areas. Unfortunately I don't think our government have the balls to do it.

Yeah I have no doubt the next 6 months will be rough. I can't see the Government leaving themselves open to the criticism that they locked down too late twice.

Quicker reaction, but shorter lockdown periods may be the way forward. It made for pretty depressing watching

I'm in the 'not sure I can do this again' boat. I've spent 6 months working in the front spare bedroom (and by "working" you can imagine how much of that there is when I work in a theatre) of my house with my other half working downstairs, telling myself "this won't last forever". I noticed anxiety creeping in in June and largely ignored it with walking/reading/watching nice telly.

Fast forward to September and I broke down on the phone to my doctors this morning saying I can't cope, things feel they'll never get back to normal, and my paranoia and anxious thought are through the roof. There's only so many times a support bubble, nice telly, books, a bath, walking, and reading will help. I'm now back on a medication I've been fine without for four years, all because of this stupid government.

As I said above the government have been poor with their response, but to say its 'all' their fault is a bit ott. It seems many British people are unable or unwilling to take any personal responsibility and self control. You only have to look at Blackpool yesterday

As I said above the government have been poor with their response, but to say its 'all' their fault is a bit ott. It seems many British people are unable or unwilling to take any personal responsibility and self control. You only have to look at Blackpool yesterday
Cummings and Johnson not sacking him killed that back in May

It seems many British people are unable or unwilling to take any personal responsibility and self control. You only have to look at Blackpool yesterday
I can almost guarantee that when we do finally get into Molineux there's two chavs that sit (stand) in earshot at me that will take the attitude "we're Wolverhampton we'll do what we want" when having to facing any guidelines to watch a match.

Adherence to and trust in the lockdown notably broke down after Cummings went walkabout. There was much better compliance before it became crystal clear that those at the head of government had absolutely no intention of following their own rules.

Cummings and Johnson not sacking him killed that back in May

That was a big mistake but I still think we should all be following the guidelines rather than looking for an excuse to flout them. People on this forum and all my friends and family appear to be trying to do the right thing but there's an awful lot who don't.
Hopefully when this shit storm is over and at the next election they'll get whats coming to them.
My worry is if we don't all pull together or take measures to make people comply, everyone will just start to ignore the virus and we'll end up just muddling through and the elderly and those with health issues will become acceptable collateral damage

That was a big mistake but I still think we should all be following the guidelines rather than looking for an excuse to flout them. People on this forum and all my friends and family appear to be trying to do the right thing but there's an awful lot who don't.
Hopefully when this shit storm is over and at the next election they'll get whats coming to them.
My worry is if we don't all pull together or take measures to make people comply, everyone will just start to ignore the virus and we'll end up just muddling through and the elderly and those with health issues will become acceptable collateral damage

Agree wholeheartedly but as per BGreenWolfs post as long as you can point and blame somebody else it doesn't matter does it ?

I'm in the 'not sure I can do this again' boat. I've spent 6 months working in the front spare bedroom (and by "working" you can imagine how much of that there is when I work in a theatre) of my house with my other half working downstairs, telling myself "this won't last forever". I noticed anxiety creeping in in June and largely ignored it with walking/reading/watching nice telly.

Fast forward to September and I broke down on the phone to my doctors this morning saying I can't cope, things feel they'll never get back to normal, and my paranoia and anxious thought are through the roof. There's only so many times a support bubble, nice telly, books, a bath, walking, and reading will help. I'm now back on a medication I've been fine without for four years, all because of this stupid government.

I'm in that same boat Sam, also Autumn is coming and colder weather, if I can't get out in the garden I'm gonna go mental. There's only so many books a week you can read, day time TV I can't be doing with,and if I have to spend weeks on end with no escape hearing about me mother's bowel movements I'm gonna go insane.

I'm in that same boat Sam, also Autumn is coming and colder weather, if I can't get out in the garden I'm gonna go mental. There's only so many books a week you can read, day time TV I can't be doing with,and if I have to spend weeks on end with no escape hearing about me mother's bowel movements I'm gonna go insane.

I think the nights drawing in rather than the cold will be the hard thing for a lot of people. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and bloody well stay there.

Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and bloody well stay there.

My life for the last 15 years then...(unless Wolves were at home then it was an additonal go back out in the dark....come back frozen)

I think the nights drawing in rather than the cold will be the hard thing for a lot of people. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and bloody well stay there.

Or in my case: go to the spare room in the dark, walk downstairs to the living room in the dark.

I would give my right arm (and probably leg) to just have one, normal day at work.

I don't disagree, but once you lose the moral authority you open the gate wide open for people who believe it's any combination of a scam/only kills people who are about to die anyway/just the flu/more people die of cancer and we don't have to stay in for that/I'm young even if I get it I won't be very ill/it's infringing my civil liberties or anything else I've missed off.

I don't really care about winter, cold doesn't bother me (just wear more clothes) whereas stupid heat does and I don't care about it getting dark.

But being unable to see anyone for ages is going to wreck me. If it happens.

I will be amazed if we return to a full lockdown, so not seeing people won't be an issue

I fully expect Pubs and Restuarants to get limited trading hours (and will get 5 days notice so people rush out for night of drinking*) and a switch back to telling people to work from home where possible again to limit public transport usage. Might be wrong but Boris is currently rehearsing his caring and concerned face ready to speak to us tomorrow

*I will be in a pub on Friday but this has been planned for months as we want to remember the passing of my F-i-L in one of his favourite pubs a year on rather than a session to end all sessions

Or in my case: go to the spare room in the dark, walk downstairs to the living room in the dark.

I would give my right arm (and probably leg) to just have one, normal day at work.

Are you having to stay logged in all day but not doing much then?

I am starting to think it's better for me when I go to work tbh (2 weeks in, 1 out, just in case shit hits the fan and I have to be redeployed as a mortuary assistant). I'm at least busy when at home though

I don't really care about winter, cold doesn't bother me (just wear more clothes) whereas stupid heat does and I don't care about it getting dark.

But being unable to see anyone for ages is going to wreck me. If it happens.

Hopefully you can still see your partner. Gotta be better than these lot

"NEW: Downing St tell us that from Thursday people in England will be able to download a Coronavirus app...to check and report symptoms, book a test, find out if you tested positive or not. "

Finally that world beating Track and Tracing App promised in May is arriving

"It won't do contact tracing."

Oh

The omission of any mention of test and trace in the briefing by the science/medical lads this morning was a bit of a surprise.

Probably don't want to say how much of a fuck up it all is.

"NEW: Downing St tell us that from Thursday people in England will be able to download a Coronavirus app...to check and report symptoms, book a test, find out if you tested positive or not. "

Finally that world beating Track and Tracing App promised in May is arriving

"It won't do contact tracing."

Oh

They are now saying it will do BT contact tracing. The idiots can’t even get a spec sheet right.

Back