• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The omission of any mention of test and trace in the briefing by the science/medical lads this morning was a bit of a surprise.

Probably don't want to say how much of a fuck up it all is.

And now Baroness?(why) Harding being touted as the new head of the NHS!!

One answer would be to tell all of us old buggers to stay indoors permanently, have our food delivered, not meet anyone else & only go out to visit the doctor or hospital. Allows younger people to keep the country going & go to the pub. Won't limit the spread, but we now know that for most age has an exponential rise in hospitalisation & death the older one is so less at risk of serious complications - the NHS will be protected.

If a load of old people go from other reasons then cuts the country's financial cost as pension payments would reduce. We have had (most) of our life so why should we stop the youngsters packing into pubs just to keep us safe.

(ps. none of this is meant seriously, but the way we are heading wouldn't put it past them)

Looks like the strategy is to firm up on the max six people rule?

Well fine, but I haven't seen that being a problem anywhere I've been (I'll happily accept there are places where no-one gives a shit).

Looks like the strategy is to firm up on the max six people rule?

Well fine, but I haven't seen that being a problem anywhere I've been (I'll happily accept there are places where no-one gives a shit).

Absolutely, we can't meet up with all our kids/grandkids together despite us knowing they've been very careful but ok to go to pub and be in the same area as countless strangers.......baffling

Its shit like Blackpool at the weekend which is driving the move to different rules.

have seen emails/reports from campus security of them being called to break up numerous parties in halls. ON THE FIRST DAY BACK.
Totaly unsurprising.
There have equaly been a lot of complaints from other students about the lack of social distancing/people breaching guidelines.
There is also already a flat with 2 residents undergoing tests having developed covid symptoms.
I am due to return to the workplace this week. I really don't wanna myself.

damn straight. there was a work meeting last week, and a lot of staff are very concerned about having to resume elements of face to face work.
Moving 2.5 million people and relocating them as a virus spread is picking up speed is a recipe for an outbreak, or even outbreaks.

Yeah the Uni situation is a potential hotspot. Here in Newport there is a large student population, most of which live amongst the local community, it could be a real flashpoint. We've had various groups of students next door to us for 15+ years and never had any issues but I know a few have had issues with all night parties etc. People are going to be even more anti if much of that happens.

Universities are a random one, most lectures could be as easily delivered online. Really can’t see why they couldn’t make this semester online only.

Universities are a random one, most lectures could be as easily delivered online. Really can’t see why they couldn’t make this semester online only.

Think thats true for most universties, Harper Adams near us is a bit different as its mostly an agricultural college so not sure you could run the animal husbandry units etc and the engineering parts without students actually being there, but yes anywhere students can study at home, they should.......of course they would miss out on the whole 'student experience' i.e. going out and getting pissed which they are entitled to

cambridge called it in may. announced then all teaching this academic year would be online.
other uni's have fudged it. I mean, if no-one is on campus/in halls, they're losing a tonne of cash, so they want people there.
Ours have only just decided students can opt to study online for term 1. Wasn't a choice til recently.

Pretty sure Wolverhampton are doing one session in class a week and the rest online - but I imagine it will phase to totally online as I can't see many students wanting to go in for just one day.

While the number of coronavirus cases is increasing across the UK, the death toll remains low. The latest figure is the second lowest number of Covid deaths since mid-March.

The ONS also reports that deaths in hospitals were below the five-year average in the most recent week, while the numbers of deaths in private homes and care homes were above the five-year average.

Now sure, the death rate might rise. But this is still fundamentally an elderly/care home thing.

Johnson says the government is acting “on the principle that a stitch in time saves nine”.

9iJf1eT9P7gP.gif

Work from home if you can. 10pm pub curfew. Table service mandatory. Masks mandatory for staff in retail and hospitality. Indoor sports teams exemption removed from rule of six.

Work from home if you can. 10pm pub curfew. Table service mandatory. Masks mandatory for staff in retail and hospitality. Indoor sports teams exemption removed from rule of six.

Staff and customers in hospitality must wear face coverings. Cant wait to try and enforce that

PM says regime of restrictions will apply for next 6 months
Reserves right to use military to help police with enforcement

Football done for the season then.

A lot of football clubs are going to go bust, amongst other things going bust...

Staff and customers in hospitality must wear face coverings. Cant wait to try and enforce that

I can’t say I have ever tried to drink a pint through a face mask. I reckon it might be quite challenging...

BTW bog roll shelf in Morrisons was fucking decimated last night.

Back