• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Should I be downloading the Covid app? Is it run by Google/Apple rather than our own incompetent, corrupt bunch of data harvesters?

Yes to both - actual contacts are only held locally and anonymously.

we've downloaded it. mrs jelly's is telling her she needs to continue to self isolate for another 7 days.

she seems to have regained some sense of smell and taste today by the way.

Should I be downloading the Covid app? Is it run by Google/Apple rather than our own incompetent, corrupt bunch of data harvesters?

Yes - even the most privacy-fervent experts I trust when it comes to tech are giving it a green light.

Completely criminal that it's taken so long to launch though. The APIs involved were always the only way to do contact tracing via app, other countries recognised this months ago and spent fractions of what the UK has to get to the same point.

Yes - even the most privacy-fervent experts I trust when it comes to tech are giving it a green light.

Completely criminal that it's taken so long to launch though. The APIs involved were always the only way to do contact tracing via app, other countries recognised this months ago and spent fractions of what the UK has to get to the same point.

Definitely is - have no idea why it took them so long. The APIs are well documented and easy to use - the delay has probably caused people to die.

Definitely is - have no idea why it took them so long. The APIs are well documented and easy to use - the delay has probably caused people to die.

but on the plus side, some people earned many many £'s from the failed project (and then some got a nice promotion as well)

I fucking hate to side with Johnson, but this is pretty damning and explains why we are fucked
9fd29f9630b043eb847a85a2d3e48e70.png

Yeah, I'm not one to push the blame on the public (I don't personally know anyone who's been breaking rules) but that's pretty shit.

Just installed the app, took four attempts for it to recognise my postcode. Yes, I live in England, unfortunately. Get on with it. I'll turn the tracing on periodically but not having Bluetooth knacker my battery all day every day.

Oh yeah, the London in town is closed again. Was in there last week and everything seemed fine. Made a booking on Tuesday, had it confirmed yesterday, cancelled out of nowhere this lunchtime, phoned them up and yep, they're closed (presumably as they have a large take after 10pm).

Annoying for me as I now need to find somewhere else inside 48 hours or so (shouldn't be too much of a problem) but this is going to happen for a lot of venues. And the staff are coming off furlough soon, and the new scheme isn't going to cover them if they just aren't working.

My phone is too old for the App!

I’ve seen an instruction from a huge uk company telling staff that they won’t be paid sick pay if they’re having to isolate without symptoms. The same company were two weeks ago reminding staff not to turn up with symptoms. At the workplace they have measures in place to be Covid secure but if they’re asking people to be have no pay if they don’t have symptoms then they could be going into work and spreading the virus without knowing it.

It’s an iPhone 5c. Doesn’t have the iOS update required!

I fucking hate to side with Johnson, but this is pretty damning and explains why we are fucked
9fd29f9630b043eb847a85a2d3e48e70.png

Think you've got to look at businesses refusing to pay sick pay for colleagues isolating etc you then have to make your choices between doing whats right socially and paying mortgage/rent/eating.

Its long since proven that Mike Ashley and his ilk give no fucks about staff welfare, that won't change now.

I'd wager that the mass outbreak at Greencore was entirely down to something like this.

Think you've got to look at businesses refusing to pay sick pay for colleagues isolating etc you then have to make your choices between doing whats right socially and paying mortgage/rent/eating.

Its long since proven that Mike Ashley and his ilk give no fucks about staff welfare, that won't change now.

I'd wager that the mass outbreak at Greencore was entirely down to something like this.

I don’t doubt that that is a part of it - the government needs to step up and carry the cost of paying people a proper income when they have to isolate. It’s not just that though sadly.

Glad I started my tin foil hat brexit stockpiling early then...

Dudley RHH

August 18th:

-A total of 1009 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 264 patients have now sadly died.
-Confirmed inpatients (with blue flag positive cases only): 0
-New cases in last 24hrs: 0
-Inpatient discharges: 417

September 25th:

-A total of 1026 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 266 patients have now sadly died
-Of these, 2 patients have sadly died in the past 7 days.
-Inpatient cases: 3
-New confirmed cases in the past 24 hours: 1

Cases in Dudley as of 23.09.20:
33.7 per 100,000 (28.1 on 07.09.20)

Back