• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Biggest daily number yet? Or did I just dream that?

Yeah, but to be honest you can't really compare with March/April/May or whatever, as we had practically no testing then unless you were on your way into hospital.

Yeah, but to be honest you can't really compare with March/April/May or whatever, as we had practically no testing then unless you were on your way into hospital.

Yep. General thining is back in April when 5000-6000 a day was the norm it was actually north of 100,000

It would appear that the NHS Track and Trace App doesn't track and trace you if you who have been in contact with someone who has tested positive in an NHS facility.
It's got to have been done in the outsourced private sector

Yeah, just read that - drive through test centres too apparently?

It's nothing to do with the NHS, it's Serco. If you are being generous you could say it's called NHS to give it legitimacy and encourage people to download it. If you weren't you could say they are using the NHS as a very large windbreaker

Surely the govt commissioned this app and agreed that it wouldn't integrate with NHS testing results, utterly baffling

If the app tells you to self isolate and you have a negative test booked outside the app it doesn’t give you a Code to disable the countdown. That is daft.

It’s ideological, they want to prove the private sector can do better than the NHS. They clear cannot.

If the app tells you to self isolate and you have a negative test booked outside the app it doesn’t give you a Code to disable the countdown. That is daft.

That is no accident. If you have to have a test which then comes back negative, you still have to isolate for 14 days.

Okay. I'd read the BBC's guide to the app, which said the 14 days still had to be in isolation even with a negative test. I haven't read the official guide.

Went out yesterday. Mandatory QR scans everywhere (some of which only work with the official Covid app, I think).

But otherwise no real different to any other time over the last couple of months (same measures which are fine to a point, relatively busy although below what you would expect for a Saturday night) except...get to 10pm and absolutely everyone is milling around at the same time. Top top thinking there.

Doesn't matter for us so much as we just go bar -> car -> home but Christ knows what you do if you're dependent on getting a taxi or something. Bound to be just a total mess.

Yeah, I accept dome sort of control around pubs/bars is necessary but the current rules seem counter productive. Not sure what the answer is tbh.
It all works well in our local pubs, admittedly, me and the old bastards I drink with aren't very representative cos we tend to bugger off home 10.30-11 anyway, so a 10pm finish isn't really a problem, especially as most of us walk to the pub anyway. Guess little old Newport can't really be compared to a banging city centre like Wolverhampton

On day one I downloaded the app. It’s now stopped working as I have changed to my whizzy iPhone11 and something I use (words with friends maybe?) uses the same tech and so the government app is automatically disabled. And I can’t reinstall it. World beating stuff from Dildo and co.

On day one I downloaded the app. It’s now stopped working as I have changed to my whizzy iPhone11 and something I use (words with friends maybe?) uses the same tech and so the government app is automatically disabled. And I can’t reinstall it. World beating stuff from Dildo and co.

I have iPhone 11 and words with friends and it works fine with me. Sounds a bit odd.

Am I right in thinking you can't "Check out" of a venue when you leave?

It does it either automatically when you check in somewhere else or at midnight if you haven't done anything. But doesn't seem to be any way that you can manually say you've left. Not that I could tell anyway.

Back