• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Exceptional blustering by Boris the bunglecunt yesterday. What was it, about 30 seconds of him saying literally nothing to do with the Rule of Six? It's almost as if he's not in control of the situation.

Dudley RHH

September 25th:

-A total of 1026 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 266 patients have now sadly died
-Of these, 2 patients have sadly died in the past 7 days.
-Inpatient cases: 3
-New confirmed cases in the past 24 hours: 1

Cases in Dudley as of 23.09.20:
33.7 per 100,000 (28.1 on 07.09.20)

September 29th:

-A total of 1039 people have tested positive for COVID-19
-Of these 268 patients have now sadly died
-Inpatient cases: 9
-New confirmed cases in the past 24 hours: 1

Latest figures per 100,000:
Dudley 44.6 (was 33.7 on 23.09.20)
Birmingham 135.9; Sandwell 105.1; Walsall 72.3; Wolverhampton 69.5.
Figures for Walsall and Wolverhampton are now stabilising; all others are increasing.

Wasnt there 700 in hospital 2 weeks ago, and over 2000 today?

There amount of people in hospital is increasing but the numbers of people being admitted to hospital on a daily basis is decreasing

Sort of suggests that once admitted people are in the main looking at a long term stay .

Daily admissions have been rising since 1 September. The seven day average for admissions as of yesterday was 342.

Daily admissions have been rising since 1 September. The seven day average for admissions as of yesterday was 342.

This is for England mind,

Patients Admitted: 314, 288, 274, 245 and 241. 23rd to the 27th respectively. (Each of the five numbers represent a daily admission figure and are in addition to each other.)

From the Gruniad...

There are 550 people in NHS beds in Wales for Covid related illnesses – up by 60% on seven days ago. The number of patients being treated in critical care beds has risen from 16 to 34 in the last week.

I think that it was stated on the news at 10 that admissions in Wales had also fallen in the last few days. Hopefully it is a sign that either restrictions are beginning to work or that those with the virus are young and not getting so ill.

seems that all signs are rising (cases, hospital admissions, and deaths). Small positive at the moment is that they don't appear to be rising as quickly as feared.

Effective lockdown in Liverpool, Warrington, Middlesbrough and Hartlepool now. The suspicion is that we'll end up with nearly all the country covered by local lockdowns so they can avoid saying they took national measures.

No debate on this, no vote, no evidence submitted why they've done it. They just did it.

Bet we end up being clobbered with it too sooner rather than later and it'll be fucking shit.

Those lockdowns are just to keep scallies, woolly backs, smog monsters and monkey hangers away from civilised society isn't it? Especially the scallies

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/oct/02/we-only-just-averted-a-hundred-person-bbq-a-lecturers-freshers-week-diary

every word of this article is so absolutely bang on the money. It totally matches my experience. Have seen many on fixed term contracts let go, and not renewed, with large increases on workloads for many people, academic staff in particular. freeze on recruitment etc, yet student numbers up (I mean, the job market has disappeared somewhat, so taking a 3+ year course is a reasonable idea right now).

It's gonna be a shitstorm. 770+ cases now being reported in northumbria university for example. Thats a huge number given only 1 week of the academic year has gone by. I am aware of almost 50 confirmed cases in halls where I work, and that doesn't take into account the mass of people in private accommodation (halls covers less than a third of the student population).

Back