• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

additional measures to be implemented in the west mids, possibly announced today.
debate is whether it applies just to bham/solihull/sandwell, or the whole west midlands.
number of cases expected to rise for at least a week.

I think that rule applies to Scotland Billy.
It would have been good if throughout this period the relevant governments could have come together, putting politics aside and had a consistent message UK wide. As Billy has demonstrated today, this kind of thing just adds to the confusion

Talking of confusion, we've (a school) have had 3 lots of guidance - 2 from the DFE, one of which is school specific, and one from Birmingham. All with different and contradictory guidance on what to do!

2 people from my office of 20 have already had to leave because their kids have left school sick (separate schools). Arranged tests and results supposedly back Monday or Tuesday. They isolate until then

I think it's gunna be carnage over the next few months

I mean, I am easily confused...
I do worry though about the future of the Union, and this event hasn't helped things...

My daughter has been off for 3 days because they sent her Year Group home. Thankfully she can go back in on Monday.

Can't meet up in Birmingham, Solihull and Sandwell from Tuesday.

Can only see this ending up in lockdown - they will probably do the north and midlands since the slant seems to be that is the areas of concern. Fuck locking down London in March though because cockneys.

They'll do whatever they can to keep pubs open, cost them too much during lockdown. Although soon you'll only be able to go to one on your tod...

:icon_lol:

Hold up, you can still go to the pub in Birmingham!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/rules-around-visiting-pubs-restaurants-18919386

They just make it up as they go along.
This is where none of it makes sense.
After monday, I can't have my mum or dad to visit, or visit them (I'm in bham, they're in wolverhampton). Stepkids and their children can't visit.
At the same time I am being told I need to return to work and share offices with other people. And if I want, I can go for a post work booze up with em.

Stepdaughter won't be able to visit, but the class she does with her mum is continuing, as it is a covid safe environment apparently (so's my home you fuckers).

The rhetoric has now become people are to blame for not following the rules. And the solutions imposed are to limit our basic freedoms, whilst ensuring business' can keep operating normally.

It's about balancing the infection rates and the economy, unfortunately your house doesn't really contribute a great deal to the economy whereas the leisure industry does. So if you're trying to restrict the infection as well as protect the economy then you keep meetings in areas where they at least make a financial contribution.

Disagree. It's about trying to reduce infection rates without having to close down businesses again.
I understand the arguments they make, but it is rammed with contradictions. Places filled with people under the influence of intoxicants (as one example) are not (imo) secure environments.
Weatherspoons et al will have been pushing to ensure that restrictions don't affect their business again. That's why they make the donations they do.

Disagree. It's about trying to reduce infection rates without having to close down businesses again.
I understand the arguments they make, but it is rammed with contradictions. Places filled with people under the influence of intoxicants (as one example) are not (imo) secure environments.
Weatherspoons et al will have been pushing to ensure that restrictions don't affect their business again. That's why they make the donations they do.
I'm cynical, but not quite that far. They can't afford to Furlough again, I think it's probably that simple. They close the hospitality industry, then it's staff are going straight to redundancy

Back