• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Gatherings of more than 6, indoors or outdoors to be banned from next Monday. Sports are to be exempted from the rule.

Word is that Boris has something planned for the weekend so it's all being delayed until after then.

Apparently he's having all his kids round and he can't be sure on numbers.

As a family of 5 the rule of 6 is a proper fucker. Looks like its lock down for us pretty much.

As a family of 5 the rule of 6 is a proper fucker. Looks like its lock down for us pretty much.

From the useless fog surrounding yet another announcement made via Twitter late at night, a large family will have certain exemptions if it means their support bubble is excluded or something like that.

I mean, it would be nice if all the details were released in a way that gave all the info there and then rather than a Tweet, followed by confusing TV interviews, followed by MP's getting bollocked by the Speaker of the House followed by Boris trying to look serious and then followed by 5 days of no one having a fucking clue what any of it means.

From the useless fog surrounding yet another announcement made via Twitter late at night, a large family will have certain exemptions if it means their support bubble is excluded or something like that.

I mean, it would be nice if all the details were released in a way that gave all the info there and then rather than a Tweet, followed by confusing TV interviews, followed by MP's getting bollocked by the Speaker of the House followed by Boris trying to look serious and then followed by 5 days of no one having a fucking clue what any of it means.

On the rules on social gatherings in England, Hancock stresses "you can't gather in a group more than six".

He says for a "family of five or six this will bring in some significant restrictions" and this has not been brought in "lightly".

For example, a family of five would only be able to meet one grandparent in the same setting.

He says if there is a household where more than six people live together "obviously that group will be able to stay together".

On the rules on social gatherings in England, Hancock stresses "you can't gather in a group more than six".

He says for a "family of five or six this will bring in some significant restrictions" and this has not been brought in "lightly".

For example, a family of five would only be able to meet one grandparent in the same setting.

He says if there is a household where more than six people live together "obviously that group will be able to stay together".

Yet this morning it was being said the large family would still have access to a support bubble. Make up as they go along

Yes, I listened to Hancock this morning and he explicitly said families like us coudl only meet one other person (including grandparents) when together.

Good to see the options for a test getting more realistic as the day goes on

uaU0prh.png

Given that they have been taking away testing capacity in areas of lower incidence (which the SW on the whole has been) to provide more in other areas then this does not fill me with optimism if I do need one

(though suppose than in a rural area with low numbers I am less likely to need one)

Anyone applying to become a Covid Marshall?

Sounds like a fun job. No actual powers but you do get to tell on people

I would apply for the Assistant to the Covid Marshall role tbh

Actually, it's Assistant Covid Marshall.

You’ve got to feel sorry for the Police. The Government have made it sound like they will be enforcing it when the reality will be that they don’t have the resources to do so.

It’s no wonder Alex the not so is so reluctant to do the pressers when each enthusiastic bullshit idea is immediately shot down by the experts alongside him.

3,000 new infections today, schools opening and people not giving a shit about the virus, winter just around the corner

We'll have a second peak but I think it'll be flatter, at some point though enough people will have had it that it'll just be another flu. It'll still be around but won't be a novel coronavirus anymore

Genuine question, so not looking for a sarky answer, but can anyone explain what exactly is the practical difference between the regulations as they will be on Monday compared with how they are today? I think gatherings are 6 max or 2 households anyway now, so as far as I can see it's just that 2 households can't meet if >6 in total. Is it just stricter enforcement?

Genuine question, so not looking for a sarky answer, but can anyone explain what exactly is the practical difference between the regulations as they will be on Monday compared with how they are today? I think gatherings are 6 max or 2 households anyway now, so as far as I can see it's just that 2 households can't meet if >6 in total. Is it just stricter enforcement?

The new rule is 6 inside and outside I think.

Another thing I'm unsure of, there was a dispute on the radio this morning as to whether it was 6 from 2 families or as many families as you like? Would seem daft to allow multiple families to meet

The new rule is 6 inside and outside I think.

So not really any practical difference at all, then? (It was 6 outside and 2 households inside before, I thnk.) I don't see what the fuss is about then, or how this is supposed to reduce infections.

Back