• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

He has a headache and vomited. No cough or temperature. No idea what to do tbh :confused-smiley-013

If they aren't Covid-19 specfic symptoms then don't worry about getting a test. That's how we're playing it.

Yeah it's 119. I edited my post above shortly after.

Hopefully the children in my daughter's year who were sent home yesterday with symptoms manage to get tested quickly. She won't be able to go back until they've got the test results I presume.

A friends kids had a cold before their first day back. Small cough and bit of a runny nose. They still had them tested.

With the lack of testing capacity we seem to have at the moment, then I'm unsure exactly when you are or aren't supposed to get a test done.

Hancock has been babbling on about how people having unnecessary tests has caused a shortage.

You would really have thought that any competent government would have ensured that the testing capacity was in place for kids returning to school.

This is the problem with the testing: any sign of a cold and everyone is straight down there thus they are becoming over-subscribed (I include myself in this: my mum had a cough/fever two weeks' ago and I had myself tested as I'd seen her the day before).

With the lack of testing capacity we seem to have at the moment, then I'm unsure exactly when you are or aren't supposed to get a test done.

Hancock has been babbling on about how people having unnecessary tests has caused a shortage.

You would really have thought that any competent government would have ensured that the testing capacity was in place for kids returning to school.

How could they have possibly expected kids who haven't mixed for 6 months picking up colds and viruses from others? Absolute codswallop Dan - Its the fault of the kids

The schools simply can't win.

Please implement social distancing - yeah, good luck with that, particularly with young kids.

Any signs of potential covid symptoms and get them out of school and tested - but stop clogging up the system.

Meanwhile, it's absolutely fine for teachers to have to interact with numerous year groups in different rooms and have to walk past hundreds of kids in busy corridors but no meeting people in groups larger than 6 people outside of school/work etc!

It's fucking crazy.

hqdefault.jpg

This is the problem with the testing: any sign of a cold and everyone is straight down there thus they are becoming over-subscribed (I include myself in this: my mum had a cough/fever two weeks' ago and I had myself tested as I'd seen her the day before).

Yep - and this is exactly what should be happening. About five days after my gf and I went to visit family we started feeling something coming on - slight coughs, intermittent temp spikes, a heavy feeling in the chest, and (for the first 3-4 days) extreme fatigue. We ordered home testing kits, turned out negative. Still knocked us out of action for around two weeks, and the symptoms were dead on for mild covid-19. You can't possibly have a test and trace system if you don't test every possible case, symptomatic AND asymptomatic.

It's been six months since this started, to have testing capacity start to max out at the slightest sign of a new increase is appalling.

My daughter started college on Monday and is quite stressed about by the complete lack of social distancing from the students. Feels like she's spent the last 6 months doing the right thing and now is just being exposed to other people's lack of care. The appropriate measures are theoretically in place, but largely ignored and not enforced
This is my concern. I am due to return to my workplace this month. As are over 20,000 students, and around 5000 staff.
There have been positive tests of people on site in recent weeks and emails have advised there has been a deep clean of affected buildings (unions dispute this, and suggest no clean was done).

Thousands of people are going to relocate across the country, it is simply a perfect environment for cross contamination and spreading.

And inevitably house parties will be ongoing.

Also, anyone on the top deck of a bus is not wearing a mask either.

Sat at work in a hospital surrounded by my colleagues in no masks

Constant mixed feelings for me, has been since it started

Good to see the options for a test getting more realistic as the day goes on

uaU0prh.png

Interesting: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...-and-trace-nhs_uk_5f575d3dc5b62b3add457ecc?rl

Speaking to HuffPost UK, the worker – who wished to remain anonymous – said the site at which they work is running at a fraction of capacity and has been doing so for at least two weeks in what amounts to a “planned slowdown of testing in all but name”.

“It turns out what they’re doing is limiting the number of tests that we can do per hour at each centre,” they claimed. “We might be as low as 10 or 15 an hour. We only did 150 yesterday and we’re supposed to have capacity to do 1,500.

“We’re supposed to turn people around and say we’re too busy, but we’re not busy.”

It is believed these artificial limits are being imposed to free up lab space for tests where there are higher infection rates. A government spokesperson admitted the service was “targeting testing capacity at the areas that need it most, including those where there is an outbreak”.

If this is true, it does speak to the government still being far too reactive about everything - no point having a test and trace system which can only identify new outbreaks after they've had time to establish themselves in new communities.

Have you got a test appointment yet? You do realise that you're effectively a traitor for questioning the system and not supporting the NHS track and trace as they've increased capacity from 2000 tests a day to 350,000.

Back