• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

That whole "eat out to help out" thing looking like a really great idea right now...

Just quoting what they said on the news, my man.

I'm not going to be defending this Government any time soon.
Ah no didn't think you were, was just joining in with observations of the farce of the whole thing.

Well if it's any comfort I'd rather be living under the UK conditions than the clusterfuck that is Melbourne/Victoria.

Well if it's any comfort I'd rather be living under the UK conditions than the clusterfuck that is Melbourne/Victoria.

It's like the Wolves/Man Utd away kit debate, isn't it?

We're all feeling like death warmed up - all 3 kids off school and fiancee off work. Not that shocked its happened as the kids all go to separate schools and my other half is a teacher so we have the germs from 4 different schools swarming around the house every evening.

Just waiting for the results of the covid tests that were taken yesterday.

The good news for the others is that I've lost my voice as a result of whatever this is.

My daughter started college on Monday and is quite stressed about by the complete lack of social distancing from the students. Feels like she's spent the last 6 months doing the right thing and now is just being exposed to other people's lack of care. The appropriate measures are theoretically in place, but largely ignored and not enforced

I suspect the 'no more than 6' rule will largely be ignored by the people who are not social distancing now, will be a nightmare to police

So let me get this straight....

- I can't see more than six of my friends or family at any one time in my home.
- I can't meet more than six people in the pub, but can be in a pub.
- I can go to work in an office.
- I mean I could go to work in an office, but theatres are currently shut/not worth opening.
- However, I CAN fly to various countries across the world in close quarters on an aeroplane.
- I can also travel with people on a train, bus or tram.
- But I can do all of the above until Sunday (apart from sit in a theatre, that's still very bad) because Monday is a very important day.

...And teachers are to blame, along with 18-30 year olds, oh and the NHS who didn't handle this very well in the first place (apparently).

That just about covers it right?

Meanwhile, the suicide rate continues to sky rocket and the mental health system lumbers on oversubscribed.

I'm sure it is just a coincidence that the new measures will come into place on Monday but the St Ledger festival starts at Doncaster today until Saturday...where 3000 people are due to be let in

Wouldn't have thought they were deciding policy based on the Doncaster Racecourse calendar.

Although it is a huge deal for Doncaster Racecourse in isolation.

Well, they waited until after Cheltenham before going into lockdown. Plus Dido Harding is on the board of the Jockey Club, sooooo..........

One of our kids has just been sick, so thought I would get him a test. These are the options:
7VTnETa.png

:confused-smiley-013

One of our kids has just been sick, so thought I would get him a test. These are the options:
7VTnETa.png

Fuck!

Our middle child has got a cold. We're dreading the call from school to say he's being sent home and needs a test.

7VTnETa.png

Go for the Inverness one. Get tested and a road trip eye test sorted.

Lovely drive as well once you get past Glasgow...

Fuck!

Our middle child has got a cold. We're dreading the call from school to say he's being sent home and needs a test.

He has a headache and vomited. No cough or temperature. No idea what to do tbh :confused-smiley-013

Keep trying. We had this yesterday and after a lot of refreshing, we were able to get a slot in Worcester. Cannock was also available later on.

I've seen someone at work moaning about it giving them testing places miles away. He ended up ringing 116? 117? I can't remember the exact number, and they told him he can be tested more locally and booked him in.

Edit - Just looked, it's 119.

Go for the Inverness one. Get tested and a road trip eye test sorted.

Lovely drive as well once you get past Glasgow...

Its a lovely drive once you're past Preston really. Not sure I fancy a vomitous child in the car for 6 hours though

I've seen someone at work moaning about it giving them testing places miles away. He ended up ringing 116? 117? I can't remember the exact number, and they told him he can be tested more locally and booked him in.

111? Good idea - will try. Mainly concerned about the school if he does have it.

Back