• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

However I feel that when companies did re-open, they were hot on managing social distancing and cleanliness/hygiene issues. A lot of these businesses have slacked off. Business' have removed (or failed to maintain) things like sanitising stations. They've ceased monitoring numbers of people within stores (especially supermarkets etc). We're seeing outbreaks linked to huge employers - asda, mcdonalds etc. These are organisations which can afford to implement things to prevent contagion, yet are failing to do so. As a result, we're seeing increases in transmission.

This is my takeaway from working in a supermarket. We've kept sanitation stations but they're dead eager to get people piling in - I'm working at a convenience store at the moment and we've been told we can now allow a maximum of sixteen customers in. I can't stress how small this store is (TT may be able to vouch for it, Kedleston Road) depending on the time of day we can have 2-5 colleagues and 2 managers in addition to the theoretical 16 punters. We've refused and are sticking to 5/6 depending on the number of staff also present. In addition to this, the colleagues who were on the door greeting customers/maintaining numbers have been deemed "unproductive" by head office and stores have been told not to have staff "stood there doing nothing." People no longer ask if they're okay to enter. Masks are probably 60/40 in favour.

This is my takeaway from working in a supermarket. We've kept sanitation stations but they're dead eager to get people piling in - I'm working at a convenience store at the moment and we've been told we can now allow a maximum of sixteen customers in. I can't stress how small this store is (TT may be able to vouch for it, Kedleston Road) depending on the time of day we can have 2-5 colleagues and 2 managers in addition to the theoretical 16 punters. We've refused and are sticking to 5/6 depending on the number of staff also present. In addition to this, the colleagues who were on the door greeting customers/maintaining numbers have been deemed "unproductive" by head office and stores have been told not to have staff "stood there doing nothing." People no longer ask if they're okay to enter. Masks are probably 60/40 in favour.
Yes, I know it as I get my tyres done at ATS down there, I've never been in though. I thought you worked at the Wyvern? I went to see my dad in Brum at the weekend, Derby seems more cooperative in general than them from what I could see. His local shop has minimal compliance

Yes, I know it as I get my tyres done at ATS down there, I've never been in though. I thought you worked at the Wyvern? I went to see my dad in Brum at the weekend, Derby seems more cooperative in general than them from what I could see. His local shop has minimal compliance

I was at the Wyvern yes but packed it in with all the A52 works which were hellish! Moved to Intu in December and since graduating have started a management scheme when Intu died a death in March convenience became a bit of a no brainer as its so close to home and adds to the old development.

Local press reporting the North East is likely to be going into a local lockdown from Friday midnight. Newcastle, Sunderland, North and South Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and Northumberland listed as probable areas. Not confirmed yet though.

some fuckers opposite us continue to have their son and daughter in law (or daughter and son in law) for dinner every day. Just as they did during the previous lockdown.
mrs jelly is convinced no one is really gonna pay attention to the rule of six.
saw an incident at the local shops (for local people...) where some fecker was being berated by a relative as he was at the shops having that week received his test results and was positive. She wasn't shy about pointing this out...

Government denying a 2 week national lockdown is on the cards. So, pretty safe to presume that will actually happen

They’ve totally lost control. It’s lockdown or bust now.

Apparently Bookies have now stopped taking bets on there being a 2nd lockdown. People will bet on anyting these days

Ah, deja vu.

I was already putting together a list of stuff to stockpile ahead of no deal at the end of the year, but I'm thinking of bringing a lot of that bulk buying forward before online food deliveries become rationed again.

Jacob Rees-Mogg says people speaking out about the difficulty of getting a Covid test should stop the “endless carping”.

So essentially the Haunted Coat Stand is saying shut the fook up plebs

Look, we're going to have half a million tests a day by October, that's obviously a great success and cause for celebration, even though it hasn't actually happened yet and the current system is a shambles...

Had a few days away booked for next week on the North East coast near Lindisfarne but bugger going to a place that has a curfew and lockdown measures in place from tomorrow! Looks like it’ll be Whitby then

Look, we're going to have half a million tests a day by October, that's obviously a great success and cause for celebration, even though it hasn't actually happened yet and the current system is a shambles...

Half a million tests, but only in Aberdeen or Inverness (unless you live there when you will be only offered Cardiff or Exeter)

Baroness Harding - "I don’t think anybody was expecting to see the really sizable increase in demand we’ve seen".

So sending nearly 9 million children, who hadn't really mixed for months, back to school was not going to see an upsurge in coughs and colds?

Surely you plan on a worst case scenario anyway? Not just airily assume it'll be reet.

She's the epitome of failing upwards.

Rees-Mogg summed up all of their feelings - we should focus on spending, dying and keeping quiet.

Surely you plan on a worst case scenario anyway? Not just airily assume it'll be reet.

She's the epitome of failing upwards.

She sums up the essence of the 'Peter Principle', but doesn't seem to get punished when she gets to the level of incompetance that every one else does

Had a few days away booked for next week on the North East coast near Lindisfarne but bugger going to a place that has a curfew and lockdown measures in place from tomorrow! Looks like it’ll be Whitby then
An area we were also contemplating a short break to. Not too sure whether to switch over to the other coast and the Lake District.

Back