• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

If we were guided by science we would still be doing things that match up to Level 4 on the Nando scale.
As was always going to happen decisions are based on the science, plus the economy and minus ignoring part of what the scientists say . So no shock we have moved down the road quicker than the science. Certainly a degree of fingers crossed this shit works.

yep. rather like the mysterious containment phase that never was
the "scientists" haven't had a fixed position on this either - they had differing views from the start. hence the "one of the theories" words from boris about taking it on the chin
guided by the science is the PR to excuse any negative consequences

"the science" is a bogus concept anyway. It implies a universal consensus which is clearly not the case with a virus no-one has encountered before. And a lot of "the science" appears to have been the "science" espoused by Classic Dom, which is hardly science at all.

Look, I'm sure he's half-read and quarter-understood a book on it at some point and that now makes him the world expert on the subject.

Texas getting a surge in cases and Houston is considering imposing another lockdown. I cannot see Texas governor Greg Abbott giving them permission.

Houston has close to 16,000 cases and 267 deaths. (population just under 5 million
San Antonio close to 4,000 cases and 82 deaths. (population just under 2 million)

Economy down 20% today. Not good news whatsoever.

Not news at all, is it? As good as all businesses are shut down = Massive knock on the economy. Quelle surprise.

Am surprised it is only 20% personally.
I got an E in my economics exam btw, so tells you all you need to know...

No posts on this thread for 24 hours.
No wonder Boris thinks the virus is sorted!

Going for a test in an hour. First week back at work and woken up with a swollen tonsil and sore throat. No other symptoms mind.

Hopefully just a normal bug

Possibly. Im a healthy 29 yr old, and I’m going to be off work until the result comes back so a positive mightn’t actually be the better result. I don’t recall ever having a swollen tonsil in my life so something is different.

Neighbourhood in Beijing under lockdown,as 45 people test positive with connections to a wholesale market

Neighbourhood in Beijing under lockdown,as 45 people test positive with connections to a wholesale market
An outbreak in Beijing would be horrendous.

Numbers increasing in the SW of the UK now - maybe I will have to properly isolate.

Could that be due to lifting of the travel ban,and second home owners staying down there?

or the tests from the rural areas have finally been delivered by Royal Mail

57 confirmed cases today in Beijing,36 of them confirmed as being caught in the same wholesale market.
Don't know if that's 12 new cases to add to the 45 confirmed a couple of days ago,or 57 completely new cases,just says 57 confirmed cases

The Small Business Minister just said the review on guidance for opening hospitality and hairdressers etc would “take weeks” to produce. It was supposed to be published TODAY to allow businesses under 3 weeks to get ready & put systems in place

Excellent work again.

What do they do all day?

I won't lie to you, that's a pretty swish gig. Doesn't pay very well though.

Back