• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Boris hasn't even spoken to the Welsh First Minister since 28 May. Brilliant leadership. I suppose playing tennis at the American Embassy was more important.

Excellent work again.

What do they do all day?

They did the same with the schools. Report was late, then constantly revised (40/50 times?) right up to the re-opening (which of course they then fudged).

'Queuing was like a theme park, you need a strategy"

Fuck off unless that strategy is stay away from fooking Primark

I've nothing against Primarni at all. But why do you need to go on minute one of day one? It's been three months, not 33 years. Pretty sure your clothes haven't all started to fall apart.

(I'm also wearing a shirt today that I bought in 2001, shit lasts if you look after it properly)

Fair play to the flat pack kings

"Ikea to repay furlough salaries to governments"

Nowt to the UK Government though as they have been paying their staff 90% but not claiming it back.

I've nothing against Primarni at all. But why do you need to go on minute one of day one? It's been three months, not 33 years. Pretty sure your clothes haven't all started to fall apart.

(I'm also wearing a shirt today that I bought in 2001, shit lasts if you look after it properly)

If you bought it in Primark then it might well have done - there's a reson that it's cheap.

Don't buy in there & still have a sweatshirt that's 25 yrs old (but will probably just have got to the point that it's gardening duties only now).

Have a policy now that when anything is allowed to reopen then don't go anywhere near it for the first week at least - I don't need the stuff that much.

Shops I have been in since lockdown

Local Convenience Store x 3
Post Office x 2
Dog Grooming Place in Pets Store x 1

I don't plan on expanding that list by much over the coming months.

They did the same with the schools. Report was late, then constantly revised (40/50 times?) right up to the re-opening (which of course they then fudged).
They are still changing the guidelines for schools now.

I have no idea how anybody is supposed to plan anything.

If you bought it in Primark then it might well have done - there's a reson that it's cheap.

Don't buy in there & still have a sweatshirt that's 25 yrs old (but will probably just have got to the point that it's gardening duties only now).

Have a policy now that when anything is allowed to reopen then don't go anywhere near it for the first week at least - I don't need the stuff that much.

Primark is what it is. If I buy a t-shirt for £3 then I don't expect it to last decades.

I've got my St Pauli 2001 away top on today. Good that nearly 19 years on it still fits - not a single tear on it, no fading, it's as good as new and I've worn it a hell of a lot.

doesn't matter what you wear at the mo anyway - no one is seeing me.
I'm using it as an opportunity to wear my scruffiest, most worn bedraggled clothes to get the last out of them while the going is good, and then bin them off when it is safe to go out and be more presentable.

Obvs for peeps who have met me, I look like |I do usually! :)

Technically I never need to dress properly 90% of the time as I work here anyway.

But I do because I feel rank if I just sit around looking like shit.

I can't do anything about my Brett Anderson 1994 hair at the moment.

I think the notion that you can sit working in your pj's (or housecoat - YMMV!) is a nice idea, but impractical. I still get dressed, just not as formally, to be in work mode. I feel it helps my self image to be dressed.

I must say I have got used to the corona cuts administered by squeeze pretending to be Vidal Sassoon. Just gone to number 2 rather than the 3 I preferred and I quite like it.

On clothing I wear shit t shirts to work and so the gear really hasn’t needed to change.

I think the notion that you can sit working in your pj's (or housecoat - YMMV!) is a nice idea, but impractical. I still get dressed, just not as formally, to be in work mode. I feel it helps my self image to be dressed.

and I wish I still had enough hair to be concerned about mine!

Ensure that I dress reasonably daily otherwise I have problems telling what time of day it is (I have enough problems as to what actual day it is already so don't need more confusion).

Hair I still have & being on my own can only tidy it up on my own - Front & sides are doable, but tried the back last week & when large chunks came out thought that that was not such a good idea.

Pubs opening in Northern Ireland on the 3rd July.
Anyone up for a pint in Belfast?

Fully expect Boris on his 1 day in work this week to trump that by opening bars earlier and buying anyone that says Brexit is Good a pint.

2 new cases in New Zealand,both Brits who'd been given special dispensation to travel to visit a dying relative,tracing everyone that travelled on the same plane,and in the same hotel in Brisbane where they overstayed before new zealand

Back