• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Fred!!! Good to see you posting mate, hope you are well

Fred!!! Good to see you posting mate, hope you are well

thanks, yes im very good in these virus times..you have had some serious deaths in the UK too.. hard to say which strategy is best, time will tell after a long time I guess

Cases on the rise in South Korea,they believe it's the start of a second wave

Shame Boris only works 1 day a week, as he has had to choose which bit of good news to announce to the Nation. He bats away announcing the end of shielding.

6th July - meet in groups of upto 6 out doors and also form a social bubble
Aug 1st - Shielding ended

Boris is out tomorrow with a Pint in hand and standing just 1 and half fridges away from Tim Martin

So any pretence of following the science will go if the 2m rule is scrapped. Odd as I thought the strategy was to be able to blame them when the inevitable public enquiry happens.

2m social distance is a very cautious approach and decreasing that is fine when you have other well established measures in place such as;

an effective track and trace system
rapid testing
habitual use of face masks
properly funded local public health departments able to react swiftly to local spikes in infections
up to date local infection rates readily available to the public so that they can take individual decisions alongside locally imposed measures
businesses that put the welfare of people before profits
effective government

Oh.

Barely seeing any positives at work now and getting 0 or 1 deaths each day

I feel like a 2nd spike is inevitable but maybe it's cuz I work in a hospital and am a worrier? Be very happy to be wrong!

Barely seeing any positives at work now and getting 0 or 1 deaths each day

I feel like a 2nd spike is inevitable but maybe it's cuz I work in a hospital and am a worrier? Be very happy to be wrong!

There is little evidence of a 2nd spike across Europe, and they are a few weeks ahead of us, hopefully that will be replicated here - and so far so good.

There is little evidence of a 2nd spike across Europe, and they are a few weeks ahead of us, hopefully that will be replicated here - and so far so good.

From what it looks like, it is just outbreaks in specific areas and action being taken to stop it spreading outside of that area. Obviously a bad one in Germany at the factory where hundreds have tested positive which has pushed their R rate up. I think Lisbon is having a few local lock downs as well.

Only 2 covid patients left in Stoke hospital too.

Can open 4th July

Pubs, Hotels, bed and breakfasts, campsites and caravan parks, Hair salons and barbers but with visors worn
Playgrounds, museums, galleries, theme parks, outdoor gyms and arcades, libraries, social clubs and community centres

Stay Shut you don't need the money
Nightclubs, spas, indoor soft play areas, bowling alleys, water parks, indoor gyms, nail bars, swimming pools and water parks

Can open 4th July

Pubs, Hotels, bed and breakfasts, campsites and caravan parks, Hair salons and barbers but with visors worn
Playgrounds, museums, galleries, theme parks, outdoor gyms and arcades, libraries, social clubs and community centres

Stay Shut you don't need the money
Nightclubs, spas, indoor soft play areas, bowling alleys, water parks, indoor gyms, nail bars, swimming pools and water parks

Must be really worried about water parks having a potential to spread.

So who's booking the tables for Saturday afternoon the 4th in the Royal London then?

I've got to get my barnet done soon, I'm in Alice band territory now.

Back