• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I don't think there will be shop style queues at the pubs.
Without a doubt the Spoons 7am drinkers will but they did that before lockdown. There will be a few crazy folk the E&S find but it won't be like the shops as there won't be a regular flow of people in and out.

Sure I read something about people being restricted to 2 hours, so could see pubs doing a sorry we are full but come back at this time and we will reserve you table.
Be a long time before you can just casually walk up though.

I was under the impression you had to book a table even just to go for a drink

I think those pubs with the capability to do it are going down that route.
Seems the Government haven't sent out their guidelines so the smaller independent pubs currently have no clue what system they have to use and how.

I think the Western will have only the back gate open and someone there taking contact details rather than booking and reserving your spot.

Johnson's not going to deliver the small print. He's a big picture kinda guy. Sage have said everyone who doesn't social distance at 2 metres should wear a mask, let's see if that makes it into the detail

We have that now I am back at work. I have a mask as my lab is fairly tiny so its to give me the extra protection if people come into the two metres.

I presume next Saturday, Boris will be in a Spoons with Tim to get his photo opp as the man of the people

I've seen a few pubs saying they won't reopen on the 4th. Bathams won't have enough beer brewed to serve in their pubs for a starter.

I'm not going on the 4th.

Most of the week after though I will be in the pub seeing people where possible. I've been essentially locked away on my own for three months, this is not good for me. I've declined physically and mentally massively over that time.

I know a pub that's been opening for locals. Also know a business that has people working who are furloughed

I despise it but I'm no grass

I would assume a lot of it has been happening. Humans are scumbags

I've seen a few pubs saying they won't reopen on the 4th. Bathams won't have enough beer brewed to serve in their pubs for a starter.

Yeah - 13th July at the earliest for Bathams.

I know of a pub company (not the one I work for) who have instructed their managers, while on furlough, to go into work and empty their out of date casks of ale straight down the drains.

I know loads of companies who have made people work while furloughed, one of which annoys the shit out of me on a daily basis. The temptation is strong, but the affect on the employees would be too harsh.

Cash in hand on top or? That's what I mean... :(

Guys I’m thinking about have been told to work for their normal employer while furloughed or they will be considered for redundancy. Utter wankers.

Guys I’m thinking about have been told to work for their normal employer while furloughed or they will be considered for redundancy. Utter wankers.

That's really shitty, and leaves them in an impossible situation, as if they grass they'll probably lose their job anyway.

"Boris accuses Keir Starmer of using misleading Cornonavirus statistics."

"Keir Starmer responds with: The figures that the Prime Minister says are inadvertently misleading are from the slide at his press conference yesterday.”

Boris Johnson asks Keir Starmer to name a country with a working contact tracing app

Starmer replies that the German version has already had 12 million downloads

Those Pesky facts SKS uses

Back