• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I’ve been quite looking forward to slightly getting back to normal after the summer, with a couple of trips to the US lined up. Not a chance of that happening now I think:
c311600e8cf022da1c9e5feb7e42682a.jpg

I’ve been quite looking forward to slightly getting back to normal after the summer, with a couple of trips to the US lined up. Not a chance of that happening now I think:
c311600e8cf022da1c9e5feb7e42682a.jpg

Nope, not gonna happen. My work has already cancelled my trips to Texas and Michigan.
We were planning a trip back home late autumn too. I guess we'll see how things pan out.
But it appears that most of it not all states here in the US will see in increase of cases as the country 're-opens
What I've seen is whilst there is social distancing at work (lots of sanitizer, signs etc) when you go out in public I see people acting like they were this time last year and no regard to the virus whatsoever.

People getting a bit nervous in TX. Everyone seems to know someone with the virus, numbers infected have tripled this month, masks now being worn in smaller towns, bars/restaurants very quiet or closing back down.

Look, we all know the only reason the US has so many confirmed cases is because they have done lots of testing. Once Trump cuts the testing the number of cases will fall and all will be good.
(grrr, ninjaed by TT...)

Nope, not gonna happen. My work has already cancelled my trips to Texas and Michigan.
We were planning a trip back home late autumn too. I guess we'll see how things pan out.
But it appears that most of it not all states here in the US will see in increase of cases as the country 're-opens
What I've seen is whilst there is social distancing at work (lots of sanitizer, signs etc) when you go out in public I see people acting like they were this time last year and no regard to the virus whatsoever.
Basically the same here. People truly have not grasped that NOTHING HAS CHANGED since April except the calendar.

If you guys could sort yourselves out it would be great. Thanks, a very bored traveller.

If you guys could sort yourselves out it would be great. Thanks, a very bored traveller.
Shit, man, I have to live with these lunatics. :icon_lol:

God, I'm too well aware of folks like that.

You have people just as ignorant over there. It's just that yours are mostly Conservative MPs or government advisers.

Test and Trace figures have been released today.

It would appear that for the week in question (11-17 June) the % those who were contacted after a positive test fell from the previous weeks (was 73% now 70%). The amount of close contacts who were subsequently found also fell from 90% to 82%.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer, alongside Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, Jon Ashworth and Liz Kendall brought a motion to Parliament calling on greater protective measures to be rolled out in the health system. This included weekly testing as standard for all NHS workers.
Seems like a straight forward thing, I mean who would vote against ensuring those at front of the battle getting regular tests...well 331 Tory MP's did.

Clapping for the NHS - Yeah that shows people we care
Offering high levels of protection - Fuck that shit, now back to the clapping

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/p...hs-and-care-staff/25/06/#.XvSg8mCTVc8.twitter

Cases in Texas quadrupled this month. Hospitals close to 100% capacity. Most new cases younger adults. So yesterday the governor reclosed all bars with immediate effect.

There is a theory that the virus is not proving fatal quite as often in southern (hotter) US. But it has reached the stage where everyone knows someone who has/had the virus, so mandatory mask wearing is deemed acceptable, and nobody (that I know) has objected to bars shutting down again.

Will there be a lockdown in Leicester? If it does the chances are that those looking for a pint at the weekend from there will be travelling out of the city to get one. Local lockdowns can’t work unless the measures are far more draconian.

Non essential shops closing. A trip to the bull ring is less than an hour away.

Back