• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

" it’s not a total shutdown but this is govt’s ‘whackamole’ approach"

Can we not do whackynames for this serious shit please Boris

Be interesting to see how wide they class Leicester as. Does it include local towns like Coalville and Loughborough, suburbs like Syston and Narborough or just the City Centre itself?

Be interesting to see how wide they class Leicester as. Does it include local towns like Coalville and Loughborough, suburbs like Syston and Narborough or just the City Centre itself?

It may do according to Sky. I’m looking for the detail.

Oadby Birstall and Glenfield included. I’d class those as being part of the city anyway.

Every time there is anything to do with lockdown / plans papers & TV have to interview a local business who say it’s absolutely safe and it’s completely unfair that their business isn’t able to operate. Why don’t they actually interview a medical professional who can tell them to fuck off.

What I don’t understand is that this was a story that started 11 days ago as Prat Hancock mentioned it in a government daily briefing. Similar numbers were being mentioned (800 odd in 2 weeks) but local government seemed unaware as they hadn’t been given the data. Hand washing / social distancing was mentioned and more testing but now it’s considered serious enough to lockdown. Too late again?

Oadby Birstall and Glenfield included. I’d class those as being part of the city anyway.

We've got two live construction sites in Leicester at the moment, most of the labour will be coming from out of town, are they still ok to go to work and potentially mix with a load of locals who are being told to play it safe? One site is between Birstall/Glenfield and the other is doing a bit of charity at Glenfield hospital to score some brownie points.

I had this off the lads I work with earlier.
bc23fe19ff08d2f79662b95dfc2aaca6.jpg

I had this off the lads I work with earlier.
bc23fe19ff08d2f79662b95dfc2aaca6.jpg

I guess wherever you draw the boundary someone is going to be outside it, but that seems too narrow to me for places I'd class as Leicester such as Enderby, Syston and Anstey

A map hasn't been published yet. It may well end up looking like this but on the news this morning it stated that ones in circulation were not official.

Only this lot of incompetent buffoons would announce a lockdown and leave the local population in the dark about where it covers.

ce49801e-3df9-4ea8-9f43-68d118d77232.jpg

Pretty much the same that Bear posted last night.

Down to zero excess deaths (overall) now - big differences in regions though:
IQKAZvq.png

We've got two live construction sites in Leicester at the moment, most of the labour will be coming from out of town, are they still ok to go to work and potentially mix with a load of locals who are being told to play it safe? One site is between Birstall/Glenfield and the other is doing a bit of charity at Glenfield hospital to score some brownie points.

Do you know the answer yet? Presumably it's the same as when the whole country was under lockdown? Although it shouldn't be.

It's essential travel isn't it? So travel for work if unavoidable allowed.
Or just "follow your instincts..."

Was wondering if I could do an unscientific straw poll of people on here about masks. Been having some interesting conversations over the last couple of weeks, and I'm trying to gauge how representative my friend and family circles are.

If you leave the house, do you wear a mask? And whether you do or don't - why?

Was wondering if I could do an unscientific straw poll of people on here about masks. Been having some interesting conversations over the last couple of weeks, and I'm trying to gauge how representative my friend and family circles are.

If you leave the house, do you wear a mask? And whether you do or don't - why?

I wear one if i know i am going to be in close proximity with other people, if not i don't. But i have one with me just in case.

I was in central London yesterday and i'd say 80% of people were wearing masks

I don't wear one walking the dog or going to the local Co Op as it's fairly easy to social distance. I do at the main supermarket and don't have any interest in going to the pub at the moment. I'm having my haircut on Saturday and will wear one then

Back