• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I have a Mask....not used it yet. I am only out walking the dogs when no one else is around and I haven't been on public transport or in shops since I got it.

I think the first time it might be worn will be next Tuesday when I have my hair cut

Only worn one once - we went to view a house last week.

I'd have to wear one regularly if we went back into the office as I'd have to use the trains again. I'm not missing public transport whatsoever - not used it since our office closed back in March.

I've not worn one yet, haven't really been out much. The one time I've been on a train there was no one else on anyway.
Will be back in work next week, expect I will be asked to wear one then.
I've had a spot of bother with them anyway, I seem to have an odd shaped head and floppy ears, so have gone through a few and had to modify the ones I've got that are large enough.

Wear one for work when the kids are on the bus,and in the supermarket because people seem to think it's all over and have given up social distancing

Wonder what Troy Deeney had to say when he found out about Andre Grey's birthday bash?

Well done on reminding me to book a haircut people! Will be wearing my mask next Tuesday now :)

The new guidelines say you have to wear a mask at hospital outpatient appointments.

I've had two appointments for 3-4 hours each since lockdown, and I haven't had to wear a mask for either. The nurses all did but why have patients suddenly got to wear one when there's less cases now?

Because there are less cases. One person comes in and spreads it around (literally when not wearing a mask) and we are back where we started. Its not about protecting the patient, its about protecting other patients.

But if there were more cases when we didn't wear masks, then those who weren't infected were more likely to get it when surrounded by potentially more people with it.

Surely I was more likely to catch it in hospital in April than I am now?

I guess there is better access to masks now than there was in April?

I assumed that was why they only started making masks compulsory on the tube recently here?

I thought about buying one for upcoming appointments (not until end of July) but assumed they'll just give you one any way if you don't have one.

There's actually a horse racing meeting going ahead in Leicester today FFS. Why is nothing ever joined up, either lock it down or don't.

When your Mayor is demanding proof otherwise he doesn't believe it, you really don't stand a chance do you ?

When your Mayor is demanding proof otherwise he doesn't believe it, you really don't stand a chance do you ?

Is this the Mayor who broke lockdown rules to visit and fit windows at his partners home?

Are you asking why he was demanding proof of the outbreak in Leicester? The centralised test and trace system rather than a localised system meant the central government were aware of the problem before it was known locally. When Hancock announced this in his press briefing a couple of weeks ago the local council asked for the data so it could help and respond. I believe that this has only been provided in the last few days.

There's actually a horse racing meeting going ahead in Leicester today FFS. Why is nothing ever joined up, either lock it down or don't.

Leicester racecourse right next to one of the hotspots as well.

City's home game also going ahead at the weekend.

Everyone is scratching their head at the moment as to how it is going to work. It's a complete mess. My wife works in Leicester General but we live outside the zone. Similarly we have already had information from the schools saying that teachers inside the zone are key workers, they may need to reassess the bubbles (currently in place for Yr 10 and 12) Fosse Park is closed, but M & S and Boots and Superdrug are open for those essential purchases, Saturday will be telling when the pubs open, as to how many travel out of the lockdown zone to visit.

It does seem to be very difficult for local authorities to access data from the private firms doing tests - that's essential if you want to do local lockdowns. Should be incredibly simple to implement too.

Back