• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

"A cheap and widely available drug called dexamethasone can help save the lives of patients who are seriously ill with coronavirus.

UK experts say the low-dose steroid treatment is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus.

It cut the risk of death by a third for patients on ventilators. For those on oxygen, it cut deaths by a fifth.

The drug is part of the world's biggest trial testing existing treatments to see if they also work for coronavirus.

Researchers estimate that if the drug had been available in the UK from the start of the coronavirus pandemic up to 5,000 lives could have been saved. Because it is cheap, it could also be of huge benefit in poor countries struggling with high numbers of Covid-19 patients."

"A cheap and widely available drug called dexamethasone can help save the lives of patients who are seriously ill with coronavirus.

UK experts say the low-dose steroid treatment is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus.

It cut the risk of death by a third for patients on ventilators. For those on oxygen, it cut deaths by a fifth.

The drug is part of the world's biggest trial testing existing treatments to see if they also work for coronavirus.

Researchers estimate that if the drug had been available in the UK from the start of the coronavirus pandemic up to 5,000 lives could have been saved. Because it is cheap, it could also be of huge benefit in poor countries struggling with high numbers of Covid-19 patients."

Just saw that, brilliant news, been around 60 years so safe and widely available

I hereby allow Marcus Rashford to score a goal against wolves, and I hope my team actually stand aside and let him to show Britain that footballers aren't assholes but their prime minister is!!!! Children's lives matter to black people too!

Beijing airport closed to all flights,due to fears of a new coronavirus outbreak

San Antonio had its biggest number of new cases yesterday - over 400 (10% increase). As a result it will be mandatory to wear a mask in businesses from next Monday. Not sure how it will be implemented and there is sure to be friction between local and state leaders.

edit.
Texas Governor will not allow cities to mandate residents wear a mask or face jail time. However the new rules mandate businesses adopt health and safety policies that mandate a mask or the business faces a fine.

Can't argue with Sir Alan Sugar's reasoning on why the UK should just reopen, like they are doing in the USA

""Who's dead? I'm not. I'm still alive. So's everybody else I know."

So, become friends with the Amstrad geezer and you are immune

Rich white men really covering themselves in glory at the moment.

Can't argue with Sir Alan Sugar's reasoning on why the UK should just reopen, like they are doing in the USA

""Who's dead? I'm not. I'm still alive. So's everybody else I know."

So, become friends with the Amstrad geezer and you are immune
Some of my best friends are alive. Breathing, even.

U Turn Time....
In a major U-turn, the UK is abandoning the underpinnings of its existing NHS coronavirus tracing app and switching to a model based on technology provided by Apple and Google.

The announcement comes the day after the BBC revealed that a former Apple executive, Simon Thompson, was taking charge of the late-running project.

The Apple-Google design has been promoted as being more privacy-centric. However, it means epidemiologists will have access to less data.

And questions remain about whether any smartphone-based system reliant on Bluetooth signals will be accurate enough to be useful.

The UK follows Germany, Austria and Uruguay among others in switching from a so-called "centralised" approach to a "decentralised" one.

The government is expected to confirm the news soon.

Around a month after Boris decided we had got to Level 3, we are now officially there.

So expect Boris to move us to Level 1 next week

Around a month after Boris decided we had got to Level 3, we are now officially there.

So expect Boris to move us to Level 1 next week
It'll pub and barbers announcement towards the end of next week so he'll rock up for that one. Also an opportunity for him to kill quarantine as that'll be 3 weeks as well bh then

I'm annoyed I can't go and visit my mate yet. Neither of us have been ill through all this and we wash our hands regularly. If the rules change in two weeks, it makes no difference to either of our situations.

I'm annoyed I can't go and visit my mate yet. Neither of us have been ill through all this and we wash our hands regularly. If the rules change in two weeks, it makes no difference to either of our situations.

You can meet up outside.

So it turns out that the daily death toll actually passed 1,000 for 22 consecutive days at the peak. Rather different from the figures the government were giving us at the time.

When we reporting figures at the peak we only included hospital registered deaths. So we all knew the figure was wrong.

How is everybody on here doing, hope everybody is fine? :)

I'm good thanks Fred, hope you're good too mate.
I am, thank you..trying to lose 23 kg in 6 months so been training and counting calories mostly..have lost about 10kg in 43 days

Back