• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

UK visa application says pretty much the same

Asks if you are/were a communist as well doesn't it? Or is that an urban myth?

These are the Questions

Do you have a physical or mental disorder; or are you a drug abuser or addict; or do you currently have any of the following diseases (communicable diseases are specified pursuant to section 361(b) of the Public Health Service Act): Cholera, Diphtheria, Tuberculosis infectious, Plague, Smallpox, Yellow Fever, Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers, including Ebola, Lassa, Marburg, Crimean-Congo, Severe acute respiratory illnesses capable of transmission to other persons and likely to cause mortality.

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm to another person or government authority?

Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs?

Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?

Have you ever committed fraud or misrepresented yourself or others to obtain, or assist others to obtain, a visa or entry into the United States?

Are you currently seeking employment in the United States or were you previously employed in the United States without prior permission from the U.S. government?

Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa you applied for with your current or previous passport, or have you ever been refused admission to the United States or withdrawn your application for admission at a U.S. port of entry?

Have you ever stayed in the United States longer than the admission period granted to you by the U.S. government?

Have you traveled to, or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?

They also require your Social Media account details.

Then sometimes they ask you exactly the same thing at passport control, or at other times wave you through without even looking at your passport :confused-smiley-013

That was one of the questions on security clearance applications for the Palace of Westminster.

I remember being disappointed not to be asked this on any written form when I moved here. Although I was asked verbally during an immigration interview if I had ever been a member of the Communist Party. I replied "Have I ever been a member of the Communist Party? No."

The answer would have been different if they had asked whether I had ever voted communist.

Presume today will be an outing for Boris on the daily briefing as he has some good news to announce for Zoos

He has to get out of bed for PMQs, so may as well do this on the same day.

We won't see him again for another week.

Well if he is attending that, he will have it handed to him. Seems to be the new Wednesday norm

Quarantine measures an absolute joke
Backtrack on target pub opening date
Schools now not opening and Gav accused of being asleep at the wheel
Nowhere near the testing targets as usual

So little ammunition.

Boris needs to announce the opening of hairdressers soon. Another couple of weeks and he is going to look like the leader singer of the Sweet

Lets all move to Northern Ireland. 0 virus related deaths for 4 days now

I am personally really struggling with the notion of pubs re-opening. I appreciate I am in a minority, but I cannot at all fathom why we are so desperate to reopen premises where you can go and be in close proximity to loads of strangers, yet you cannot yet visit family.

Second issue, is the idea of tons of people ramming into an establishment that trades off selling its customers stuff that adversely affects their rational powers of deduction and reasoning. Perceptions are affected by booze, so the likelihood of breaches of social distancing, and other good practices are increased in such places.

I am personally really struggling with the notion of pubs re-opening. I appreciate I am in a minority, but I cannot at all fathom why we are so desperate to reopen premises where you can go and be in close proximity to loads of strangers, yet you cannot yet visit family.

Second issue, is the idea of tons of people ramming into an establishment that trades off selling its customers stuff that adversely affects their rational powers of deduction and reasoning. Perceptions are affected by booze, so the likelihood of breaches of social distancing, and other good practices are increased in such places.

Well the main issue aside from people is if they don't open there are a lot of businesses going pop and a lot of people out of work.

When they do reopen they won't be rammed as they will be limited to the numbers in. You will of course get idiots who mess shit up but that is the same in every aspect of life. It will of course be those people the cameras are pointed at rather than the larger % doing the boring things like sticking to the rules.

By the time they allow pubs to reopen the meeting family thing (which you can do right now but with limitations) will be allowed.

When they reopen, I certainly won't be rushing out to have a pint but I will try and arrange meeting some people I haven't seen in months for a drink. People who have essentially lived with no proper human contact need a sense of normality and a quiet pint or 2 with friends will help them no end.

I’m with LJ, reopening pubs just seems a stunt to get the Sun onside. They are safer ways of encouraging social interaction and the economy.

Giving evidence to the Commons Science and Technology Select Committee, Prof Neil Ferguson told MPs: "The epidemic was doubling every three to four days before lockdown interventions were introduced.

"So, had we introduced lockdown measures a week earlier we would have reduced the final death toll by at least a half."

Any inquiry is not going to be kind on those who were making the decisions. No wonder the cabinet is desperate for International comparisons and inquiries to be done at a later date.

Giving evidence to the Commons Science and Technology Select Committee, Prof Neil Ferguson told MPs: "The epidemic was doubling every three to four days before lockdown interventions were introduced.

"So, had we introduced lockdown measures a week earlier we would have reduced the final death toll by at least a half."

Any inquiry is not going to be kind on those who were making the decisions. No wonder the cabinet is desperate for International comparisons and inquiries to be done at a later date.

Mm, whilst not wishing to defend the government and i agree absolutely that we should have started lockdown earlier, Ferguson made plenty of varying predicitions from 7k deaths (when we were on 5.5k) on Marr, to 250k deaths, he's not someone that we should listen trust the predictions of too highly.

Back