• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

As someone who has lived in both countries recently, there are far more arseholes in England. It's not even close.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
Sounds like you've done a thorough survey.

I used to travel around a bit in my old job and I found two rules of thumb

People get nicer the further away from a big city you are

People get nicer the more north you go

I've found people are nicer once you leave British airspace :)

I used to travel around a bit in my old job and I found two rules of thumb

People get nicer the further away from a big city you are

People get nicer the more north you go
Confirmed. Darlo and I are very nice and that is all the proof needed.

"June 22 is the target date identified by ministers for pubs and restaurants to reopen outdoors in England, the Financial Times (FT) reports, nearly two weeks earlier than previously planned.

The reported plans are part of an effort to get the economy moving again and to save millions of jobs in the hospitality sector. The date has not yet been signed off but will be discussed in a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, the FT says.

Half a dozen ministers - dubbed the "save summer six" - are spearheading the push for an earlier reopening. The hospitality sector had not been due to open until July 4.

Business Secretary Alok Sharma is reportedly pushing for the 2m (6ft) social distancing rule to be cut to 1m, to make reopening more commercially viable."

1m is the WHO recommendation. Australia for example is currently 1.5m. However if you decrease the distance apart then you increase the risk of infection.

But reducing it will allow me to reduce the amount of fridges I need to be safe

Some good news, much lower numbers today:

A further 55 people have died after contracting Covid-19 in UK, taking the country’s death toll to 40,597.

Even with a weekend lag this is good, was 111 last Monday.

Numbers tomorrow wll be the ones to view. If they are back in the 300's then getting nowhere fast.

Hoping the person who releases the figures hasn't had a lazy weekend and has forgot to email their data across as they have 0 Covid-19 deaths over the last 48 hours

1m is a bit pointless, unless a pub is absolutely packed, who sits/stands closer to their mates than that?

"There appears to be a "good level of compliance" so far with new regulations requiring people arriving in the UK to self-isolate for 14 days, Downing Street has said. "

I mean we are just over 15 hours into it and a lot of people who arrived in the UK are probably not yet at the place where they will be staying. Might be worth judging the compliance in say 2 weeks time

Doesn't the US visa waiver form ask if you are going there for an act of terrorism? As if you are going to say yes even if you are.

If asked today whether you will be self isolating for 14 days & have given an accurate address - the answer will always be yes. As Kenny said until you check during this time then there is no way of knowing whether this is true.

Really not sure that it helps now - might have done earlier on, but we didn't.

Doesn't the US visa waiver form ask if you are going there for an act of terrorism? As if you are going to say yes even if you are.

If asked today whether you will be self isolating for 14 days & have given an accurate address - the answer will always be yes. As Kenny said until you check during this time then there is no way of knowing whether this is true.

Really not sure that it helps now - might have done earlier on, but we didn't.

Call me a cynic, but i feel this has been dreamt up to make it less attractive to go abroad on holiday.

"Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?"

Back