• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Nothing about the mass gatherings then?
Must say I'm suprised after all of the faux outrage over Cummings last week.

Just presumed it was a mass eye test as Specsavers can't open their shops.

Said it when you asked the other day, it was game over when Cummings got away with his jolly and Boris had to come out and lift restrictions to deflect our attention away, even if it was against the advise he was given.

Whilst Cummings was obviously an arse with his drive half way across the country I don't think you can really use that to justify anyone who fancies disobeying the guidance for whatever reason at any time.

Two wrongs don't make a right, anyone that chooses to abandon the rules that have been set out is only bringing potential harm to themselves and those they come into contact with. They might feel like they're sticking their finger up to the man who mugged them off breaking his own rules but at the end of the day they're still there for your protection, ignore them at your peril.

The protests that have carried across from the states have a noble cause, I don't think anyone can disagree with them on that basis, but there's no doubt they're potentially going to do as much damage as the likes of Cheltenham that has been unanimously slated. It's unfortunate timing as much as anything, you can't bottle this anger up for use at a later date when this virus is over, likewise a socially distanced protest would unlikely carry the atmosphere required to deliver much of a message. Likewise, it's not like you can just ask this virus to have a couple of weeks ceasefire so you can get out there and take a stand without risk of infection. Ultimately, I suppose people have to weigh up the decision for themselves, are these protests worth risking your, and potentially your loved ones, lives over? Is the issue at hand immediately more important than the risk current posed by the virus which is damaging our country more than any other on the continent?

Don't think I'd be happy working closely with someone who had attended such a protest for a while, though there are going to be people popping about on the underground several times a day probably putting themselves in pretty much the same sort of situations.

Lockdown ended once the Cummings news came out and was deemed as acceptable so there's nothing to really comment on. But you know that anyway

Couldn't agree more.
No 'behind closed doors' sport, open it up!!
Open the schools abd everyone back to work!!
Nightingales are there, may as well use them.
Herd immunity is the 'way to go'.

Not justifying owt just the obvious is happening. A door was left slightly open and thousands charged at it.

I have spent most of the lockdown moaning at people for their actions but that became a pointless exercise a few weeks back.

Whilst Cummings was obviously an arse with his drive half way across the country I don't think you can really use that to justify anyone who fancies disobeying the guidance for whatever reason at any time.

Two wrongs don't make a right, anyone that chooses to abandon the rules that have been set out is only bringing potential harm to themselves and those they come into contact with. They might feel like they're sticking their finger up to the man who mugged them off breaking his own rules but at the end of the day they're still there for your protection, ignore them at your peril.

The protests that have carried across from the states have a noble cause, I don't think anyone can disagree with them on that basis, but there's no doubt they're potentially going to do as much damage as the likes of Cheltenham that has been unanimously slated. It's unfortunate timing as much as anything, you can't bottle this anger up for use at a later date when this virus is over, likewise a socially distanced protest would unlikely carry the atmosphere required to deliver much of a message. Likewise, it's not like you can just ask this virus to have a couple of weeks ceasefire so you can get out there and take a stand without risk of infection. Ultimately, I suppose people have to weigh up the decision for themselves, are these protests worth risking your, and potentially your loved ones, lives over? Is the issue at hand immediately more important than the risk current posed by the virus which is damaging our country more than any other on the continent?

Don't think I'd be happy working closely with someone who had attended such a protest for a while, though there are going to be people popping about on the underground several times a day probably putting themselves in pretty much the same sort of situations.
There's not really anything I'd argue with in this post, but the vast majority of people followed the rules/guidelines not because they were concerned about their own welfare, but because they thought it was the right thing to do. Cummings or actually more Johnson for not sacking him and relaxing the rules has engineered a collective 'fuck it'.

There's not really anything I'd argue with in this post, but the vast majority of people followed the rules/guidelines not because they were concerned about their own welfare, but because they thought it was the right thing to do. Cummings or actually more Johnson for not sacking him and relaxing the rules has engineered a collective 'fuck it'.

To be honest, I've not seen much of a 'fuck it' attitude from people. Seems people are still generally following the guidance as it's been for weeks/months now just that more places are starting to open up and be subject to those rules.

Popped out to do some shopping today and everywhere I went people were generally sticking distancing, queuing patiently, keeping out of one another's way and still fair few people about wearing masks/gloves. Didn't matter whether it was in the supermarket, B&Q or the local post office, all had taken measures to restrict numbers and direct people around in an efficient way but they all still had a few morons ignoring the guidance doing their own thing as they would've done weeks ago, standing in the way chatting at a pinch point or coming down an aisle the wrong way because they couldn't be arsed to walk around.

I feel for the protesters somewhat as it's an incredibly emotive issue and if you were someone who had been directly affected by it then there must have been such a powerful draw to get involved and make your contribution in spite of the danger those sort of gatherings could potentially pose at this stage. Much less sympathy for the group teenagers crowding in the middle of the high street chasing after one another for the last couple of sweets when there are queues of people down either side trying to get about their business in an orderly fashion.

You'd like to think that by now the measures are pretty well established in people's minds and so even if there was a relaxation in what was enforced and associated punishments that people would still generally stick to the principles, whether out of pure self interest or doing their bit towards the bigger picture. The idiots I witnessed today obviously haven't picked it up yet and so I'd guess they're unlikely to do so now whether the rules are strictly enforced or not, I assume they just all think it's fuss over nothing and don't want to go out of their way to make allowance for it.

I don't think any of the proposed relaxations so far are really going to test things too greatly, it's still generally just a case of allowing more places to open their doors rather than adjusting the main principles, everything so far still comes with the caveat of 2m distancing as far as I've seen. Shouldn't matter whether I'm in a supermarket, clothes shop, restaurant or a family members house, as long as that distancing can be accommodated and other hygienic practices like hand washing are adhered to then the risk level shouldn't be hugely different I wouldn't have thought. We were even talking about starting some sort of football session with our Sunday team the other day because they'd had some guidance through from the local FA, dividing into smaller groups and some suggested drills which could be performed with distancing, I was quite excited by the prospect to begin with but other than seeing a few faces I haven't seen a while I think I'd soon bore of the quasi-football exercises we'd attempt to perform.

Yep, still plenty of social distancing up here and everyone doing as they should...

A few thousand people protesting does not = "everybody is ignoring the rules"

just like a few hundred of people causing damage or trouble doesn't mean that all the protesters are rioting

Yep, still plenty of social distancing up here and everyone doing as they should...

A few thousand people protesting does not = "everybody is ignoring the rules"

just like a few hundred of people causing damage or trouble doesn't mean that all the protesters are rioting

Quite. Or the odd crook getting killed by the odd vindictave policeman, doesn't mean they are all racists...

Quite. Or the odd crook getting killed by the odd vindictave policeman, doesn't mean they are all racists...

"The Crook"... Bought something in a shop with what turned out to be a counterfeit bill, definitely worth what happened to him. Has anyone proved that he knew it was a forgery?

"White Professor" does the same and it's a simple arrest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-different-George-Floyds-white-privilege.html

The trouble is, the protests in America have shown a LARGE number of police ARE racist. The way they are "dealing" with the situation, the tear gas, the rubber bullets the heavy handedness all sanctioned from above them

Also, are you really saying that you don't think African Americans have been disproportionately discriminated against for much of the last 200 years?

To be honest, I've not seen much of a 'fuck it' attitude from people. Seems people are still generally following the guidance as it's been for weeks/months now just that more places are starting to open up and be subject to those rules.

Popped out to do some shopping today and everywhere I went people were generally sticking distancing, queuing patiently, keeping out of one another's way and still fair few people about wearing masks/gloves. Didn't matter whether it was in the supermarket, B&Q or the local post office, all had taken measures to restrict numbers and direct people around in an efficient way but they all still had a few morons ignoring the guidance doing their own thing as they would've done weeks ago, standing in the way chatting at a pinch point or coming down an aisle the wrong way because they couldn't be arsed to walk around.

I feel for the protesters somewhat as it's an incredibly emotive issue and if you were someone who had been directly affected by it then there must have been such a powerful draw to get involved and make your contribution in spite of the danger those sort of gatherings could potentially pose at this stage. Much less sympathy for the group teenagers crowding in the middle of the high street chasing after one another for the last couple of sweets when there are queues of people down either side trying to get about their business in an orderly fashion.

You'd like to think that by now the measures are pretty well established in people's minds and so even if there was a relaxation in what was enforced and associated punishments that people would still generally stick to the principles, whether out of pure self interest or doing their bit towards the bigger picture. The idiots I witnessed today obviously haven't picked it up yet and so I'd guess they're unlikely to do so now whether the rules are strictly enforced or not, I assume they just all think it's fuss over nothing and don't want to go out of their way to make allowance for it.

I don't think any of the proposed relaxations so far are really going to test things too greatly, it's still generally just a case of allowing more places to open their doors rather than adjusting the main principles, everything so far still comes with the caveat of 2m distancing as far as I've seen. Shouldn't matter whether I'm in a supermarket, clothes shop, restaurant or a family members house, as long as that distancing can be accommodated and other hygienic practices like hand washing are adhered to then the risk level shouldn't be hugely different I wouldn't have thought. We were even talking about starting some sort of football session with our Sunday team the other day because they'd had some guidance through from the local FA, dividing into smaller groups and some suggested drills which could be performed with distancing, I was quite excited by the prospect to begin with but other than seeing a few faces I haven't seen a while I think I'd soon bore of the quasi-football exercises we'd attempt to perform.

My experience is different to yours then. In forced situations people are broadly following the rules, ie queueing to get in to shops, but that's not what I'm seeing in the adhoc ones. For example when I'm walking the dog whereas a month or so ago about 80% of people would move to the side in situations where you'd be less than two metres apart that's now less that 50%. There weren't large groups of youths hanging around the shops and park, there are now and there's no social distancing going on. When I'm in the supermarket instead of waiting for somebody to finish in a section people are coming in front and getting things, not everyone, not even most, but again noticeably more. Whether you put that down to the Cummings affect, rules relaxtion or general weariness of the situation I don't know, but there has been a definite change.

Congratulations you got the bite you were looking for. Now go off to consult your little book of wummery for advice on today's adventure into unpleasantness.

I think it was inevitable people would start to 'self relax' the measures after a while, with or without the Cummings affair. I've not noticed that much difference to 3-4 weeks ago tbh, obviously there are more people about.
Actually, when I'm walking the dog its noticeably quieter atm but thats probably more to do with the weather than anything.

My experience is much like TTs. Going shopping last week, if it wasn't for the lines and arrows on the floor, it would have been much like pre-lockdown, even the sanitizing station at the door was gone.

Yep my experience is similar to TT, very noticeable as soon as there was a relaxation of the rules there were large groups hanging around and people playing basketball on the local park.

The past week the local junior football team seems to have started up and have been training every day. Saw some kabaddi training going on but they did seem to be social distancing to a point. One of the positives was seeing some cricket being played its a good sport to play with distancing.

I think people are getting tired of it all, that always was the biggest challenge. I couldn't imagine being a teenager during this, I doubt I'd pay too much attention to the rules as I was pig headed (some might say I still am) and would have just carried on regardless.

The past week the local junior football team seems to have started up and have been training every day.
Socially distanced football training is allowed in groups of no more than 6 including the coach with a series of guidelines around sterilisation of equipment. My sons team is starting up in the next week or so in 3 groups of 5

Lockdown is being pretty much completely ignored around by me. It's been slowly unraveling for about a month and at this stage is barely there at all now.

Was chatting to my sister in Glasgow and she said it's been pretty much the opposite up there, she was stunned when I mentioned the types of places that are still open for business in Warwick/Leamington. English people are a good few degrees more obnoxious than most people though. It's no wonder most of Europe fucking hates us, if Europe was America England would be Texas.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

There’s arseholes in England, arseholes in Scotland and lots of other places too. Doesn’t help lumping England as one, as much as it doesn’t with Texas.

Socially distanced football training is allowed in groups of no more than 6 including the coach with a series of guidelines around sterilisation of equipment. My sons team is starting up in the next week or so in 3 groups of 5

There's way more than 6. I need to check to see whats going on with the rugby, not sure what the approach will be next season

There’s arseholes in England, arseholes in Scotland and lots of other places too. Doesn’t help lumping England as one, as much as it doesn’t with Texas.
As someone who has lived in both countries recently, there are far more arseholes in England. It's not even close.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Back