• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Rui Costco hasn't posted anything in a while after being very active on this thread. I hope he is ok or has he been banned?

Since you've been able to meet people from other households neither he or Papper have been around...

Would be interesting to see a chart of fatalities by date of their passing rather than date of the registration. This .gov article (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=nations&map=rate) does something similar for new cases but no deaths and it shows a much more pleasing trend on new cases when measured by the specimen date opposed to the reporting date. There's undoubtedly a lot of 'noise' created by delays in administration, processing, testing procedures, shipping of different things about and everything else that makes the reporting of information by it's registration/confirmation date very wooly, granted it's difficult to make accurate daily announcements on actual occurrence dates but graphs like the one on that .gov page that can show the spread of the daily information are a useful tool to see, what I feel, is a truer picture of who it's developing.

Would be interesting to see a chart of fatalities by date of their passing rather than date of the registration. This .gov article (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=nations&map=rate) does something similar for new cases but no deaths and it shows a much more pleasing trend on new cases when measured by the specimen date opposed to the reporting date. There's undoubtedly a lot of 'noise' created by delays in administration, processing, testing procedures, shipping of different things about and everything else that makes the reporting of information by it's registration/confirmation date very wooly, granted it's difficult to make accurate daily announcements on actual occurrence dates but graphs like the one on that .gov page that can show the spread of the daily information are a useful tool to see, what I feel, is a truer picture of who it's developing.

https://twitter.com/RP131/status/1268170430193569792/photo/1

Think this helps.

They're winding down these briefings.

Shapps doing it today and it's regional media only.

I've seen that a few times, but I think it doesn't include care home deaths? Thats probably the biggest component atm

It's just hospital deaths on there yes, not sure i'e seen anything that gives an accurate number of care home deaths.

Face coverings to be compulsory on public transport in England from the 15th June

I mean yeah, I'll look like an idiot (or more of an idiot)...but fine.

But I'm ok to do whatever I want for the next 11 days? Why not introduce it now?

I mean yeah, I'll look like an idiot (or more of an idiot)...but fine.

But I'm ok to do whatever I want for the next 11 days? Why not introduce it now?

Would guess to give people a chance to buy/make one and it matches the date more things open that would see people use Public Transport to get to.....or I am giving them too much credit and its just another part of the winging it strategy.

You'll have to forgive me but I don't exactly trust Sebastian Fox/Michael Green on this subject.

Would guess to give people a chance to buy/make one and it matches the date more things open that would see people use Public Transport to get to.....or I am giving them too much credit and its just another part of the winging it strategy.

You are giving them too much credit...

"From tomorrow masks must be worn on public transport" sends a message that they are actually giving instructions instead of the wishy washy bullshit in line with "anyone flying into the country must self isolate immediately (from June 15th)"

You are giving them too much credit...

"From tomorrow masks must be worn on public transport" sends a message that they are actually giving instructions instead of the wishy washy bullshit in line with "anyone flying into the country must self isolate immediately (from June 15th)"

Quarantine (after using a load of public transport without a mask) is from the 8th

Key workers using hotels is ending by the looks of it as things are back to as normal as they can be. My Daughter was one of the few staff left at the hotel she works at but been told today she is furloughed from next Wednesday. When that ends, Hotels should have been told they can reopen to the general public

SKY:

UK coronavirus infections halve in the last week, showing consistent downward trend - latest official figures

Hmmmm

The seven day rolling average has gone down from 3,000 to about 1,980 in that time. That's not a halving.

That figure was 4,000 on 15 May. So the halving is over nearly three weeks.

Back