• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Heard the same from a couple of nurses I know. They said if the test isn't done right and the swab doesnt get at the back of the nose and throat, the results can be wrong.

They said they had a woman in hospital with classic symptoms, shadow on the lungs etc, but multiple tests came back as negative. Eventually they did a test that was done properly and she gave a positive sample.

Heard the same from a couple of nurses I know. They said if the test isn't done right and the swab doesnt get at the back of the nose and throat, the results can be wrong.

They said they had a woman in hospital with classic symptoms, shadow on the lungs etc, but multiple tests came back as negative. Eventually they did a test that was done properly and she gave a positive sample.
The swab test is to see if you currently have it. Highly innacurate results (as far as medical testing is concerned) as it was down to the individual to obtain their own samples. Sticking a cotton bud down your own throat ain't easy! I'm utterly convinced I've had it (still not fully recovered nearly 6 weeks on) yet my home test came back negative.

The antibody test is to see if you have had it already and now have the antibody present in your system. It's a blood test and last I heard was 100% accurate. Don't know how/if/when they are available to general public and/or key workers at their own request though.

Yeah we've had blood test antibody one. Fair enough if it's 100%. It would make one of the positives I mentioned above a little odd though. He and his missus both work with me, both felt ill, their kid was ill and brought to kids ward et. Yet 1 positive and 1 negative

I take back that all patients are being tested! Haha. Literally coding some Daycase now that is just re-starting and they have no test recorded - facepalm.

EDIT: I said most above, for some reason some maternity women aren't being tested.

PM: "I take full responsibility for everything this Government has done doing in tackling coronavirus and I'm very proud of our record."

Awesome record Boris if you ignore the death numbers and the fact we have moved forward before the risk level has moved off Level 4.

His performance in PMQ's today is another pathetic shit show. Essentially his replies to SKS are all ending with "stop having a go at me" Starmer eventually point out that "PM is confusing scrutiny with attack "

The swab test is to see if you currently have it. Highly innacurate results (as far as medical testing is concerned) as it was down to the individual to obtain their own samples. Sticking a cotton bud down your own throat ain't easy! I'm utterly convinced I've had it (still not fully recovered nearly 6 weeks on) yet my home test came back negative.

The antibody test is to see if you have had it already and now have the antibody present in your system. It's a blood test and last I heard was 100% accurate. Don't know how/if/when they are available to general public and/or key workers at their own request though.

Yes I know, I was replying to Ben's last sentence.
Should have quoted it.

PM: "I take full responsibility for everything this Government has done doing in tackling coronavirus and I'm very proud of our record."

Awesome record Boris if you ignore the death numbers and the fact we have moved forward before the risk level has moved off Level 4.

His performance in PMQ's today is another pathetic shit show. Essentially his replies to SKS are all ending with "stop having a go at me" Starmer eventually point out that "PM is confusing scrutiny with attack "

Boris seemed unusually rattled, he is usually calm.

Notice he didn't answer what the R rating is either, i can't find what the R rating is anywhere? I may not be looking in the right places though!

Boris seemed unusually rattled, he is usually calm.

Notice he didn't answer what the R rating is either, i can't find what the R rating is anywhere? I may not be looking in the right places though!

Still at 0-7-1 according to the weekend briefings. Admits we are still on Level 4 but has moved things to level 3 regardless.

They're transitioning to Level 3, like I'm transitioning to doing the hoovering that I should have done yesterday and still haven't done yet. Job done though as far as I'm concerned, I have the capacity right now to go and get the hoover.

Still at 0-7-1 according to the weekend briefings. Admits we are still on Level 4 but has moved things to level 3 regardless.

Allowing the "shielded" out is at level 1 too.

I don't understand how they have got away with this, they even said they wouldn't do exactly what they have done just 3 weeks ago.

Boris doing overtime today. Daily Briefing duty for him

If you're on one day a week, get it all out of the way in a single go. Four day weekend.

Lots of social distancing going on in Hyde Park then?
Imbeciles.

Social Distancing was abondoned weeks ago

In other news...the day after Rees-Twat gets every MP to queue up and in some cases huddle together, Alok Sharma might have the virus. Hope he was well clear of the MP's who have been shielding or staying at hom due to the risk to others in their home.

If Sharma does test positive, the contact tracer who calls him is in for a busy day telling others to stay put for 14 days

I bet he was definitely standing near Starmer for exactly 15 minutes.

Please tell me this is internet made up bollocks

"Jacob Rees Mogg has said even if members have Covid they can still attend Parliament. "

Yesterday we reported 14% more deaths than the 27 EU countries combined

Not that I want to downplay anything, but how many of those deaths reported yesterday actually occurred yesterday?

Not that I want to downplay anything, but how many of those deaths reported yesterday actually occurred yesterday?

There's no reports of a lag and yesterday's 359 is fairly comparable with the 324 the prior day

Back