• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Oh, yeah, but there was little SD before that (there are also pics of people going up and down the solitary stairs that take you to the durdle door beach).

Saw that picture. People are fucking idiots.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Had a chat with my folks last night. Dad has diabetes, and ulcerative colitis, amongst other things. Though he's not in the shielded group, he's worried. They're both too worried to consider a socially distanced visit, even though there is a toilet in the garage, and they wouldn't need to come into the house.

I verged on putting this on the annoy thread, but I'm not annoyed. I think I'm upset - I haven't seen them since late january/early feb.

I completely understand their concerns. I guess I fear a 2nd wave, and another form of lockdown.

Just driven down parkfields road in town,funeral going on,must be 300 mourners milling about outside the church,no social distancing,lots of hugging and hand shaking going on

From what I can see there is no evidence to suggest there will be a second wave, i know we look at how quickly we are relaxing measures and that government seem to once again be fibbing to us, but looking around Europe at the figures, they aren't experiencing a second wave, so logic suggests we won't here too.

It may rear it's head again in the winter I guess, but it does look unlikely it will over the next month or two.

From what I can see there is no evidence to suggest there will be a second wave, i know we look at how quickly we are relaxing measures and that government seem to once again be fibbing to us, but looking around Europe at the figures, they aren't experiencing a second wave, so logic suggests we won't here too.

It may rear it's head again in the winter I guess, but it does look unlikely it will over the next month or two.

I think the fear of the second wave is a natural worry right now, whether it happens or not. The last month has been a right royal shit show in terms of advice and then the last 10 days have been horrific.

I don't think they'll be a second wave. I think the first will just go on longer and 100-300 people a day will die for a number of months

I think the fear of the second wave is a natural worry right now, whether it happens or not. The last month has been a right royal shit show in terms of advise and then the last 10 days have been horrific.

I absolutely agree, i'm not dismissing that people should be worried - i'm worried. My daughter is back at nursery today, and whilst i know from the stats on under 5s that the risk is SO minimal i am worried!

However as i say, looking at it objectively, thankfully the stats from abroad suggest we are going to be ok. I think the government are looking abroad and basing their relaxations on how they are fairing a couple of weeks further down the line rather than on where we are now. I think that's dangerous, negligent, it is the only explanation for us having a level 1/2 lockdown but being at level 4.

I can see us bobbling along with around 50 to 150 deaths a day and then a massive surge October onwards.

I can see us bobbling along with around 50 to 150 deaths a day and then a massive surge October onwards.

Yes, i think that is quite likely. Unless we have a significant level of herd immunity by then.

I wonder if the logic is that if we kept lockdown the same for a few more weeks and got it to 50 or so deaths a day, we'd then see a small spike up to 100-150 a day after relaxation and there would be calls to bring lockdown back.

Whereas with this situation we are on about 200 a day on average, and that will likely spike to around 300 upon full relaxation and the calls for reintroducing will be much more muted as the figures won't look as alarming in change.

Of course many more people will die as a result, but how many people will suffer long term from a continuation of lockdown? - That's how they'll justify it to themselves anyway.

Yeah but the difference here is that we're lessening lockdown before we've got the deaths and cases numbers as relatively low as other countries that are also loosening.

Really we should be another few weeks away from measures loosening, but the fuck-up from letting things get so bad in the first place means we're coming out of it and we're still worse off than when we went in.

Saw that picture. People are fucking idiots.

My house backs onto the old Keys Park and there's where i walk the dog in the morning, since things have been relaxed the amount of rubbish is astounding, the best is there's at least half a dozen bins around the place ! I hate people

Things are very different than before the first increase...still no mass gatherings (and all the contributory activities leading up to them), social distancing and a better understanding of hygiene in relation to the virus. I doubt we will see such a rapid increase as previously which means the government and their agencies have the opportunity to take targeted action as a control measure. The R rate will inevitably go up but now we theoretically have the tools to respond in a different way. If you think the government was tested before, this is a whole new level of testing their competency.

PHE said the figure jumped because it added deaths from April in care homes that at the time were not confirmed Covid but have since been confirmed.
Because of that they didn't add those to the daily total announced yesterday but instead inserted them into days they occurred.

You expect the Government to be open and honest?

I mean the Track and Trace system is a huge success according the Minister for Laughing in the Face of Death....no actual figures to back that claim up, so no idea how they are working out the success.

Weekend briefings scrapped.
Boris will do at least 1 of the 5 weekly briefings.

Back