• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Boris will do at least 1 of the 5 weekly briefings.

Our cup runneth over!

Maybe to pay back some of the debts incurred by the furlough scheme, he could pro-rata his own salary bearing in mind he doesn't even do a full day a week.

Liz Truss running the report into why BAME people are disproportionately affected by Covid. Well I'm sure that's going to be a brilliantly thorough piece of work then.

tenor.gif

I know China have a bit of a rep for copying our Government and hiding the facts but the results from the mass testing in Wuhan are interesting. Nearly 10m people tested and only 300 came back postive and none of the 300 were displaying the symptons

Just Matt Hancock for todays briefing.

Obviously not keen on the journalists asking the Scientists questions that will get answers Boris doesn't want the public to hear

Questions from members of the public to start. Not at all about keeping those pesky journalists from asking something searching. Poor stuff.

Always start with the questions from the public dont they?

Questions from members of the public to start. Not at all about keeping those pesky journalists from asking something searching. Poor stuff.

They've been doing that for weeks, their questions have mostly been better than the media imo

Telegraph are reporting that Boris is taking control of the Coronavirus crisis.

1) Who da fuck was in control before
2) Presume the pesky scientists are being binned because they keep giving him bad news

Very rare I'll praise the Torygraph but:

EZiTG4OX0AE0wYB

The imigration quarantine is being set up to be binned in July. Being spun as some sort of gift to the country for holiday season when it was put in 3 months too late and at a point which will make little if any difference

The whole quarantine notion boils my piss, IMO it's merely a distraction from the government making a bollocks of their calculations, not to mention that it covers places with significantly lower rates of infection. I am hopeful/confident that it will only be a short-term measure though and we will be able to travel (more) freely soon enough, if only from the selfish viewpoint of getting out to France and helping my wife's mental health which is not great considering her business collapsed due to the lockdown and she has no idea when or if she can resume, also having to care for a toddler on her own as I'm out of the house 6-6 Monday-Friday.

I can't imagine any country will want us to travel there unless we get down to a similar level to them

Ou of curiosity I decided to check what the cost would be to fly next March and do the holiday I recently had to cancel. Would the prices be stupidly high or reasonable. I am now annoyed at myself as I can currently get the flights a lot cheaper and if we upgrade to the DeltaOne Service, it is basically the same amount we have in credit!
Wife isn't ready to commit to booking though....so no doubt the prices will creep back up and I will have to sit and try not to point out what we could have got for our money back in June

Can you not book now and amend later? - We had flights to go out and watch le Grand Depart later this month which I've pushed back until April next year, thinking being that we can do so again when summer 2021 flights are available to line up with the next trip to France.

Can you not book now and amend later? - We had flights to go out and watch le Grand Depart later this month which I've pushed back until April next year, thinking being that we can do so again when summer 2021 flights are available to line up with the next trip to France.

Pretty sure we can but its just at the minute she isn't budging on rebooking. This scenario will end with her giving in and us rebooking this week or me sat in the corner with broken bones after spending a week constantly saying "we should book this"

We've all been having antibody tests at work, so far we have had 1 person test positive who reckons they were quite ill a month back for a weekend, 1 person test positive who reckons they have been completely fine but their partner was quite ill for a week around the same time. Rest of us all negative

Not sure how accurate the test is supposed to be...

We are hardly having any deaths here now which is good. They are now testing most patients (They deffo WEREN'T for a while after they were supposed to but that'll just be forgotten about!)

We now have codes to use for patients who test negative but the consultant is "treating as" covid. Sometimes they eventually do test positive if they are in long enough to have several tests. So there's no way that main test is fully accurate

Back