• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Our HR department after much nagging about social distancing on the minibuses have issued the guideline
No passengers are to be seated near the driver,and must maintain social distancing while on the vehicles from other passengers,mmm I'm thinking HR have never seen a minibus,to social distance from the driver you'd have to sit right at the back,so that's one passenger per minibus then.
I've pointed this out, and again at the meeting with my manager I had to have,because HR said I was being unhelpful and could she have a word re my attitude.

This is really interesting, an amalgamation of testing data with the COVID symptom app.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

Stoke currently the worst affected place in England. Our resident clay head seems to have been banned so we can’t hear from the front line.

Are those figures based solely off app users? Doesn't seem to tally with other data I've seen.

Are those figures based solely off app users? Doesn't seem to tally with other data I've seen.

By combining COVID swab testing with data from the COVID Symptom Study app, we are able to estimate the number of new daily COVID cases within the community

Data from the COVID Symptom Study suggests there are currently 9,900 daily new cases of COVID across England.

This excludes care homes [*] and asymptomatic cases. These results are based on a group of 980,000 people using our app, of whom 18,000 were invited to do COVID swab tests after showing early signs of coronavirus infection. These tests were provided by the Department of Health and Social Care, either via a self-administered home test kit or regional testing centres.

Developed by health technology company ZOE, the COVID Symptom Study app now has more than 3.6 million users across the UK, US and Sweden, making it the largest ongoing coronavirus study in the world.

All areas of England are seeing new cases, but levels in the North are around twice those in the South. These figures give an up to date view of COVID infection rates, unlike deaths which lag by about a month.

How we are calculating these figures
The figure of 9,900 was calculated using swab testing and app symptom data collected over the last two weeks (2-15 May), from users of all ages and spread throughout England. This makes it the first time that digital health data from a very large population has been combined with physical COVID swab tests to create an accurate view of what COVID looks like in the population on a day-by-day basis.

These results were based on 980,000 people contributing digitally of whom 18,000 received rapid testing for COVID infection in the two weeks from 2-15 May. Those invited for testing include individuals using our app who have reported being healthy for at least nine days before they log new symptoms for the first time. We have aggregated these two weeks in order to get a large enough population to allow us to estimate regional variations, as well as overall levels in England.

The sport which did most to spread the virus is also the first to return. Nothing to do with Tory party donors whatsoever.

Doubt we'll see Prof Van Tam again after giving his opinion today at the briefing.

"In my opinion the rules are clear and they have always been clear. In my opinion, they are for the benefit of all and in my opinion they apply to all”.

The sport which did most to spread the virus is also the first to return. Nothing to do with Tory party donors whatsoever.

Come on, this is a bad take. You can't blame the sport of horse racing for the spread of the virus. Yes Cheltenham went ahead but so did a full round of premier league fixtures the weekend before and up until the Friday which Cheltenham finished on, football was still going ahead that weekend. Also all professional sports are able to go ahead now if they take the necessary precautions which horse racing has already been setting in place. Yes there are without doubt Tory donors who have a vested interest in horse racing but it's hardly been singled out as the 1 sport which should return.

Basically the government are to blame for not locking down everything sooner, you can't blame those who carried on as they were told to at the time.

Come on, this is a bad take. You can't blame the sport of horse racing for the spread of the virus. Yes Cheltenham went ahead but so did a full round of premier league fixtures the weekend before and up until the Friday which Cheltenham finished on, football was still going ahead that weekend. Also all professional sports are able to go ahead now if they take the necessary precautions which horse racing has already been setting in place. Yes there are without doubt Tory donors who have a vested interest in horse racing but it's hardly been singled out as the 1 sport which should return.

Basically the government are to blame for not locking down everything sooner, you can't blame those who carried on as they were told to at the time.

The governing party are funded by the same industry which funds horse racing

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...ing-club-behind-130m-donations-to-the-tories/

I dislike gambling massively, but I dislike even more the influence which it has on our government. Cheltenham, and by association other sport, went on because of this influence. Suppose it makes a difference from death by suicide.

Yeah, as much as I hate these cunts I don't think there's really a thing here. Social distancing at horse racing would be pretty easy you would think and you could actually even let in limited supporters, it probably wouldn't make much difference to regular attendances midweek.

I knew there was a virus around and I still went to the Brighton game because no-one told me not to, I wanted to watch my team that I love and my mates that I love more. Does that make me a bad person?

It’s not the personal angle, it’s the government view. A government less dependent on wealthy donors would have locked down earlier.

Ah, you're not going to get me arguing that Cheltenham shouldn't have happened, I don't think it should have.

I just don't think there's a conspiracy at hand here, we're trying to open a few sports, this is one of the less risky ones.

The governing party are funded by the same industry which funds horse racing

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...ing-club-behind-130m-donations-to-the-tories/

I dislike gambling massively, but I dislike even more the influence which it has on our government. Cheltenham, and by association other sport, went on because of this influence. Suppose it makes a difference from death by suicide.

I can understand all of that but as DW says there's no link to be made here between Cheltenham still going ahead and now horse racing starting up on Monday with the government favouring it over other sports because of the wealthy donors involved. It's an easy sport to get back up and running and they have been working on getting it back asap and Cheltenham went ahead the same week that football was also still being played.

Personally as someone that went to both Cheltenham twice that week and the Brighton game the weekend before i went because i love Wolves and i love horse racing and felt safe at both but didn't feel safe on public transport such as trains etc. I wasn't sure at the time but went with what the government said at the time but i do wish now that they hadn't gone ahead and we would have locked down 2 weeks earlier but i don't think that was anything to do with the links with sport more due to the general incompetence of this government.

A very fair post Slink. You shouldn't have gone to Cheltenham, but you shouldn't have been given the option.

None of us should have gone to Brighton, should we. I think of all the things I touched that day, handrails, glasses, surfaces, train doors, hugs (what can I say, I'm a hug kind of guy and people love me for some reason).

I did it because they didn't say I couldn't.

Would not have a go at Slink at all.

None of us should have gone to Brighton, should we. I think of all the things I touched that day, handrails, glasses, surfaces, train doors, hugs (what can I say, I'm a hug kind of guy and people love me for some reason).

I did it because they didn't say I couldn't.

Would not have a go at Slink at all.
Agreed. I remember posting something taking the piss out of Steve Bruce, comparing his thoughts to the then unknown Patrick Vallance. Turns out Bruce knew better.

Agreed. I remember posting something taking the piss out of Steve Bruce, comparing his thoughts to the then unknown Patrick Vallance. Turns out Bruce knew better.

Detector!

Steve Bru...er Barnes is the Public Health England executive who also enjoys metal detector work in his spare time. But can he combine the two to solve a deadly health crisis?

A very fair post Slink. You shouldn't have gone to Cheltenham, but you shouldn't have been given the option.

In hindsight i agree with that but as DW says no one should have gone to the Brighton game the Saturday before knowing what we know now. We gave the government the benefit of doubt and trusted they knew what they were doing and well yeah as you said Steve Bruce knew better.

Detector!

Steve Bru...er Barnes is the Public Health England executive who also enjoys metal detector work in his spare time. But can he combine the two to solve a deadly health crisis?

:icon_lol:

49b4c77eb7bf7d52e73642e9f40737e1.jpg

Back