• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The wife has just got off the phone with her mum.
Her brother yesterday was running a fever if 103°, went to local Dr office and took the test. Confirmed case...

Ouch! Tennessee?

North Georgia. They are trying to figure out how he got it.
His mom has been pretty strict on the movements of the family. Their nan who is 89 lives alone hasn't been out since late March, however she is very mobile. We haven't seen any of them in person since February.
They are thinking he may of got it at a hardware store whilst getting items to fix a leaky tap late last week...
Dr office has stated their whole household self quaranrine for 14 days.

It's definitely not totally under control in Georgia, and hardware stores everywhere have been super busy. Almost everyone still wears a mask in SA, I'm guessing that's not the case in Georgia. But it does sound like he was unlucky.

With all this Stay At Home stuff, I wonder if LemonJelly has had to invest in a 2nd housecoat.

If it’s taking anything like the battering my slippers (though LJ probably calls them houseloafers) have taken since lock down it’ll need replacing pretty soon.

I always imagined Micky Adams had an entire drawer of identical grey Alliance & Leicester sweatshirts when he was Leicester manager. I reckon LJ is the same with housecoats, it's a constant rotation but the outsider will never know.

:)

It's too hot for a housecoat!

I have 2. A wolves one mrs jelly got me one christmas, and a spare that was relegated to the subs bench with the new signing coming in.

Like tredders, my slippers were taking a battering (although had new ones for Christmas 2019 I haven't worn yet, so not a problem). However with the warm weather I've ceased with the socks, and am just wearing the sliders all the time now.

I always imagined Micky Adams had an entire drawer of identical grey Alliance & Leicester sweatshirts when he was Leicester manager. I reckon LJ is the same with housecoats, it's a constant rotation but the outsider will never know.

we have a coat stand in the bedroom for housecoat storage...

Furlough update

"From September the government will cover only 70% of salaries, to a cap of £2,190 and from October it will pay 60%, to a cap of £1,875. Employers will make up the shortfall to get salaries back to 80% of pre-Covid lockdown levels."

Self Employed get another grant if required but this one will be 70% and thats that.

Plenty to have a go at the Government in their handling of this crisis but the wage help has been pretty good. Not perfect, schemes this big and done quickly never will be and people will be missed but the Nando's lover has done ok.

Ah, I can't have a go. It's been helpful and welcome. But because of how it's weighted (not their fault, it's mine) then I don't get that much and I very much doubt I'm finding much work in September.

I need to go away and think it all through as to how I go from here.

I think we all do. I hope some of us can be in a position to help arrange some temporary part time work to help keep the wolf from the door for Dan while he gets it sorted. I would happily get him into my QA team because he has a brain but I doubt the MD is going to be able to afford it just yet.

Our nursery have just sent round an email about reopening mid-June, which included the nugget of info that there hasn’t been a single demonstrable case of transmission in a nursery since the start.

Back