• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Presumably they ask the person who's tested positive.

Yep.

If you test positive you will now get a call or email from the Tracers. They will ask for movements over x amount of days and ask if you have spent more than 15 mins with someone. If you have and know them they will ask for their contact details. They will then contact them and tell them they have to isolate. If you are spending time of more than 15 mins and you don't know them you either hate your workmates or a bit clingy in Asda

Or you're Kyle Walker and you hire hookers.

Since we're only allowed to spend time in close contact with our own household, it's pretty pointless at the minute. Everyone else is supposed to be 2m or more away from you.

The tracers don't tell the isolaters who it is who's contracted the virus.

So potential to merk a load of people you don't really like by saying "oh aye, I was with him the other day" when you weren't and force them to be locked away for a fortnight on £90 a week. Not that I would encourage such behaviour.

Since we're only allowed to spend time in close contact with our own household, it's pretty pointless at the minute. Everyone else is supposed to be 2m or more away from you.

Not everyone though. If you go to work you are likely to spend time with someone for longer than 15 mins. Don't think the 2 metre rule is being used just being close to someone for 15 mins+ is enough

The tracers don't tell the isolaters who it is who's contracted the virus.

So potential to merk a load of people you don't really like by saying "oh aye, I was with him the other day" when you weren't and force them to be locked away for a fortnight on £90 a week. Not that I would encourage such behaviour.

I remember meeting Gavvy W last week, just over 15 mins and he insisted on shaking my hand...

Do you know the name of everyone you are in the vicinity of?

No, but that's sort of their job isn't it, they 'track and trace' my movements to find where I have been and who I could have been in contact with.

So yesterday for example, I went to one of our sites in Leicester and sure enough I don't know the name of everyone there but it wouldn't be hard for your track and trace staff to get in touch with my employer and obtain the records for everyone who was on site yesterday. They then follow up with all the people that were on site yesterday, they find out anywhere else they might have been through the day and the people they might have encountered whilst there, and rinse/repeat until you get to a pool of people who are something of a dead end.

Granted it would get more difficult if say I'd had to pop to do the shopping on my way home, then they'd have to track staff at the shop which should be easy enough but finding other customers could be an issue, I could probably give a decent enough idea of what time I was there and you'd hope other people too would know roughly when they were in store but getting the message to just a random group would probably be quite difficult.

The app isn't the sole focus of the system, without decent uptake it will be a largely pointless part of it, a lot of it will still have to be done manually by retracing people's steps and some how finding out who they have been in contact with, then going through that over and over with each subsequent group of people. Some people could interact with huge numbers in a single day and make the job incredibly difficult but at times I think it could actually be quite interesting.

I thought the entire point was that everyone with the app can then be informed who they have been in contact with using the app GPS records?

People who don't have the app won't get alerts.

Yep.

If you test positive you will now get a call or email from the Tracers. They will ask for movements over x amount of days and ask if you have spent more than 15 mins with someone. If you have and know them they will ask for their contact details. They will then contact them and tell them they have to isolate. If you are spending time of more than 15 mins and you don't know them you either hate your workmates or a bit clingy in Asda
Fair.

My thinking was if you're sat on a busy train, bus or tube for 15+ mins with dozens of people.

I remember meeting Gavvy W last week, just over 15 mins and he insisted on shaking my hand...

Notorious for it, better safe than sorry.

Even better, you still have to isolate if you've tested positive before as they can't prove immunity at this stage (though it's likely). So my chat with a Mr Matt Hancock might come up.

No point doing Boris as he'd rather stay at home doing nothing anyway.

I thought the entire point was that everyone with the app can then be informed who they have been in contact with using the app GPS records?

That was my understanding too - that's how it works in Korea. The app knows who has been near others by gps etc.

We are using something far more primitive.

I'm shocked.

Not everyone is going to have the app though, you can't rely on it when it's coverage is going to be difficult to establish.

If I went somewhere without my phone I'd be completely missed from the search if it was the sole tool at their disposal, same if someone's battery had died or if you had someone with an incompatible/non-existent mobile phone.

Fair.

My thinking was if you're sat on a busy train, bus or tube for 15+ mins with dozens of people.

That is where the App would come into play I guess.

They really need that up and running before they fully open pubs etc. Its a relatively simple task right now due to peoples movements and it won't be many that are using publc transport right now and if they are, they are meant to be at reduced capacity to allow social distancing

Not really, the phone will exchange bluetooth handshakes with nearby devices running the app. The UK model is then for all these 'contacts' to be uploaded to a central server - if one of the app users then reports (on the app) they have covid then the server pushes messages to phones which have 'handshook' with the phone of the infected user. There's no GPS tracking or personal info shared.

That was my understanding too - that's how it works in Korea. The app knows who has been near others by gps etc.

We are using something far more primitive.

I'm shocked.

I don't think any country is relying purely on an app from what I've read, there is still manual tracking and tracing carried out manually on top of the assistance provided by the app. No way countries had these apps ready to roll out on day one so there would have been periods early in the outbreak when every country was doing this purely with human resource going through statements from individuals who had tested positive and trying to piece together potential contacts.

Not everyone is going to have the app though, you can't rely on it when it's coverage is going to be difficult to establish.

If I went somewhere without my phone I'd be completely missed from the search if it was the sole tool at their disposal, same if someone's battery had died or if you had someone with an incompatible/non-existent mobile phone.
That's why Boris has said that they need 50% of the population to have the app for it to be effective.

And I read Korea uses CCTV to help their tracing.

Haven't spent more than 15 mins with anyone for months apart from my son & DiL last weekend once we were allowed to travel - he would have phoned me long before the tracers got to me anyway so not sure that I need the App (or them phoning me)

I'm unlikely to download it anyway. Under normal circumstances I would but I am not trusting these Vote Leave maniacs and a woman who breached data protection for 4,000,000 people not so long ago with their track record, they want to keep any and all data for 20 years as well.

Not that I have anything to hide but I don't trust them in the slightest not to fuck up or use it for nefarious purposes.

What more can they get from us via the App that our phones and other apps don't already have?

Back