• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

It just shows how the government get things wrong with their messaging. There was no need for Johnson to speak to the nation on Sunday. A continuation of the lockdown could have been announced, followed by today's measures on the job retention scheme, followed by a detailed plan of what was happening next.

Instead we get leaks to the press that frighten the public for 5 days, a speech on Sunday that unravels on Monday in so far as ministers haven't got a grasp of it, followed by mixed messaging. I heard Nicola Sturgeon's announcement last night and it was short, concise, calmly delivered saying that detailed guidance of plans for workplaces and schools would be published prior to any movement in the lockdown measures. Chalk and cheese compared to the UK Government.

Absolutely. And given they won a referendum in 2016 and an election in 2019 primarily on messaging (a lot of it total hokum, I'll grant you), it's alarming how poor they are at it.

Frequently Raab and Hancock are sent out and it's as if they haven't been briefed. As I mentioned yesterday, they can't trust the actual Home Secretary to do anything.

It just shows how the government get things wrong with their messaging. There was no need for Johnson to speak to the nation on Sunday. A continuation of the lockdown could have been announced, followed by today's measures on the job retention scheme, followed by a detailed plan of what was happening next.

Instead we get leaks that frighten the public for 5 days, a speech on Sunday that unravels on Monday in so far as ministers haven't got a grasp of it, followed by mixed messaging. A heard Nicola Sturgeons announcement last night and it was short, concise, calmly delivered saying that detailed guidance of plans for workplaces and schools would be published prior to any movement in the lockdown measures.

My Daughter works for Holiday Inn, they are currently open but just for Key Workers. Within 5 mins of the speech she was receiving calls from people wanting to book a room because Boris had told them they could go out again. Not sure what is so important you need to book a hotel in Snow Hill but that is what we are dealing with and good old British Common Sense.

My Daughter works for Holiday Inn, they are currently open but just for Key Workers. Within 5 mins of the speech she was receiving calls from people wanting to book a room because Boris had told them they could go out again. Not sure what is so important you need to book a hotel in Snow Hill but that is what we are dealing with and good old British Common Sense.

Common sense? Meet your dad in a park where hundreds could be there, have a ten minute break and then meet your mum.......or

Visit your parent's front/back garden, socially distance by 2 metres and not potentially expose them to hundreds of others.

Which common sense idea is allowed?

You completely miss the point as usual.
So busy trying to justify your flawed arguments and your existence.
I really can't be bothered to argue with you.
It's 'your' thread, your welcome to it.
Must remember to stay logged in with you on ignore, otherwise I end up seeing your waffle.

That'll learn me

"A railway ticket office worker died of coronavirus after being spat at while on duty, it has emerged.

Belly Mujinga, 47, was on the concourse of Victoria station in London in March when a member of the public who said he had Covid-19 spat and coughed at her and a colleague
Within days of the assault, both women fell ill with the virus.

Ms Mujinga, who had underlying respiratory problems, was admitted to Barnet Hospital and put on a ventilator but died on 5 April, her trade union, the Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA), said.

British Transport Police said an inquiry had been launched to trace the man who spat at the pair.."

Just no words for this

Just been to the chemist and there is so much more traffic around. Lockdown over for a lot of people by the look of it

So the new regulations on what we can have now been properly released.

The housing market has been reopened. Estate Agents can open and house viewings can go ahead. It is now OK to move house.

Great news for me but does show another odd part of life. Can't pop into your parents home but a complete strangers house you like the look of...come on in
Want a family get together? Get them to briefly put their house on the market

I can't ask you round here for a cup of tea. However if I employ you as my butler for the day then I can. I guess that means you also have to make it.

Nannys and cleaners are fine. Gives you a perfect insight into the lives of those making the decisions

The rules & logical sense are starting to part ways.

Either of my sons can meet me, but not in my garden which they can get to without coming into the house (social distancing there is not an issue as we could do 20metres let alone 2). Then would have to be on their own & not bring their wife/partner whom theyve been living in the same house with for the last 6 weeks & clearly aren't any more risk sitting next to each other here than on the sofa at home.

Then we both have to get in cars to drive to another open space which means 1 more car on the road than is needed.

The more rules that make no sense the less likely people are to follow them

100,490 tests achieved, which is another fantastic achievement by Matt Hancock.

I am assuming he stopped licking windows for long enough to personally adhere the stamps for the 35,000 tests sent out by mail, any number of which may have been from people who took part in the government sponsored tracking scheme, have never shown any symptoms and were just curious to see if they'd got it or not.

It just shows how the government get things wrong with their messaging. There was no need for Johnson to speak to the nation on Sunday. A continuation of the lockdown could have been announced (preferably on time and before the bank holiday shenanigans), followed by today's measures on the job retention scheme, followed by a detailed plan of what was happening next.

Instead we get leaks to the press that frighten the public for 5 days, a speech on Sunday that unravels on Monday in so far as ministers haven't got a grasp of it, followed by mixed messaging. I heard Nicola Sturgeon's announcement last night and it was short, concise, calmly delivered saying that detailed guidance of plans for workplaces and schools would be published prior to any movement in the lockdown measures. Chalk and cheese compared to the UK Government.

The leaks to the press are deliberate to test and manipulate public opinion. A few days ago talk of the Job Retention Scheme being ended were leaked, it caused a predictable backlash and then the government officially announces something different. Showed us a dead cat then presented us with a cute kitten. Schools won’t open on 1st June to any great degree and it will either be the union’s fault or the government will be “persuaded by the science” that opening schools will push up the R after all.

This government is running a campaign of manipulation. The press don’t understand the mood of the country apparently, people are doing what they are told except those that aren’t and it’s their fault if infections go up, masks have no impact until they do, use your common sense but do as you’re told...but most importantly, don’t criticise or risk being labelled a virus sympathiser.

This government will not survive a second wave if it is worse than the first. What they are doing has limits.

Undoubtedly there will be a 2nd wave on the cards. As has been mentioned, the increase in traffic is big. I'm on a main road, and both lanes now have cars in regularly, as well as queues now forming.

This is bordering on insanity.

New cases rising rapidly in Germany since lockdown measure were eased. Infection rate R gone from 0.7 to 1.1 now. Will our government learn?

Sadly Hamburg is near the top of the charts as far as that goes :(

The benefit of being a federal nation is they can open stuff in areas where it's looking safer and be more cautious where it's not. And you get proper data throughout.

We should abandon the pretence of having a united national approach now as Scotland, Wales and NI are doing their own thing anyway (I don't blame them, Boris is a clot and even Arlene Foster looks better right now). I would welcome much more federalism/regionalisation (call it whatever you wish) here, I've been saying it for years.

Undoubtedly there will be a 2nd wave on the cards. As has been mentioned, the increase in traffic is big. I'm on a main road, and both lanes now have cars in regularly, as well as queues now forming.

This is bordering on insanity.

People have been told to return to work.

Back