• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

"Do you think that Boris Johnson is doing well or badly as Prime Minister?" (Changes since 14-16 March)

Well: 66% (+20)
Badly: 26% (-16)

Via YouGov, 11-13 April

Very curious to see how this kind of thing shakes out over the next few months. National leaders are getting bumps all over the place like this, regardless of differences in decisions taken. Which will last?

On Thursday they will produce a full analysis of the March figures which mention Covid 19 as the cause of death. It will be interesting to compare to the hospital figures to see the true extent of how many lives are being lost to the disease.

Do you know where this is being published? Would be interested to see that

Exactly. Non-ionising radiation has been around for years, studied a lot, and has been exposed to the human population for decades. It causes no health issues whatsoever that anyone has found.
[emoji16]. Non-ionising radiation has been around for, let me see. How old is the sun?

Well on Earth its been around that long. Nearly 14 billion years everywhere else in the universe.

I couldn't care less about 5G and I am not justifying anything. There are two sides to every story and long may that be the case (without prejudice).
Hey, I am reasonably secure for what remains of my life and hopefully there will be enough accumulated wealth to give the sprog a chance and that really is all that matters. The wider workings of the world are perhaps not for me or my musings and in any case I am getting very quickly to the stage where I no longer give a damn. Let it all play out in front us and may we all hope for the best - the experts and the nutters can sort it out.

PS. Listening to the Happy Mondays - not listened to them for a while. Wrote for Luck is a underated classic.

Good luck to ya!

I've recently comes across some old Wannadies which takes me right back!

"Do you think that Boris Johnson is doing well or badly as Prime Minister?" (Changes since 14-16 March)

Well: 66% (+20)
Badly: 26% (-16)

Via YouGov, 11-13 April

Boris had been ill, at deaths door, and just got out of intensive care at that point, and there was a ' now is not the time to criticise, wish him well in his recovery' kind of feeling, pretty much across the board. Seems like an odd time to do a poll

Good luck to ya!

I've recently comes across some old Wannadies which takes me right back!

Getting massively back into Pulp at the moment, bit of the Charlatans, New Order and Suede as well. If you have 2 hours spare on Saturday night I can highly recomend the jarvis corker domestic diso between 9 and 11pm, he plays an eclectic mix of banging tunes

I reckon some of you would have gone to the Dorchester back in the day?

The Venue at Hockley for Crunch on a Friday and Wobble on a Saturday and No Frills after each, The Q club for a few techno nights like Atomic Jam, but I was more into House than Techno, and there was a pub we used to go to after The Q , but I cant remember the name...

Had 2 internationally famous footballers turn up at Crunch one night and hardly anyone in there knew who they were lol

Boris had been ill, at deaths door, and just got out of intensive care at that point, and there was a ' now is not the time to criticise, wish him well in his recovery' kind of feeling, pretty much across the board. Seems like an odd time to do a poll

These kinds of polls are done fairly regularly regardless of wider events, but unsurprisingly they tend to be done more often during times of particular crisis or importance.

These kinds of polls are done fairly regularly regardless of wider events, but unsurprisingly they tend to be done more often during times of particular crisis or importance.

Yeah, I realise that, but this covers opinions taken by YouGov, 11-13 April when all that applied and you were a social pariah for saying anything about Boris other than get better soon

The Venue at Hockley for Crunch on a Friday and Wobble on a Saturday and No Frills after each, The Q club for a few techno nights like Atomic Jam, but I was more into House than Techno, and there was a pub we used to go to after The Q , but I cant remember the name...

Had 2 internationally famous footballers turn up at Crunch one night and hardly anyone in there knew who they were lol

I can remember both the Dorch, Wobble and also the Institute springs to mind. Dabbled in a bit of everything when I think back and also fondly remember Edwards and a place I think was called XL's. I remember being about 15 in JB's (the original place) with a bottle of Newky Brown thinking I'd arrived.

PS How can I forget the Pen and Wig !

I can remember both the Dorch, Wobble and also the Institute springs to mind. Dabbled in a bit of everything when I think back and also fondly remember Edwards and a place I think was called XL's. I remember being about 15 in JB's (the original place) with a bottle of Newky Brown thinking I'd arrived.

PS How can I forget the Pen and Wig !

The 'stute lol forgot that one! and Edwards No 8. A typical weekend partying would be get a train from the south on Friday up to Lichfield, sort meself out, get a cab to Brum - club -no frills - house party cab to brum wobble - no frills - chill - train back down south and work on Monday. NO idea how i survived

Some good news of a kind:

A field hospital built to help the UK cope with coronavirus currently has no patients or staff, the BBC has learned.

Work on the NHS Birmingham Nightingale Hospital was completed last week, but the facility - which has 500 beds and capacity for 1,000 more - stands empty.

A spokesperson for NHS England said that they were not staffing the temporary facility because the 23 local hospitals that feed into it haven’t needed to use it.

They added that the Nightingale can be opened and staffed with 24-48 hours notice, should the situation change.

A medic in the West Midlands told the BBC: “Birmingham Nightingale has stood down for the moment. Medics have been told not to come to Nightingale as of yesterday and will be called upon when needed.”

The Midlands is the second worst hit NHS Trust area in the UK.

More than 2,000 deaths have been reported in the region - more than anywhere except London.

Yeah, I realise that, but this covers opinions taken by YouGov, 11-13 April when all that applied and you were a social pariah for saying anything about Boris other than get better soon

Hardly a surprise Johnson is getting positive ratings. A lot of people won’t want to kick him while he’s down. Perhaps more significantly he was only elected a few months ago and people who voted for him won’t want to admit to themselves they voted for someone not up to the job. It’s a bloody hard job he’s got and some people, wrongly in my view, seems to put him above any criticism.

Back