• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

There is no credible debate about 5G whatsoever. That is the whole point - nothing to do with Cornonavirus, health, anything.

I know fuck all about 5G. All I know is a bunch of Scientists think it's great and others are not so sure (so yes there is a credible debate unless you advocate yourself as judge and jury) . In between you've a minority of idiots who burn masts down because they think it causes the virus.

And there always will be idiots if people stop challenging/questioning. I think planet Earth needs the messiah, the font of all truth and knowledge. I'm beginning to understand how religion became the opiate of the masses.

Being fearful of things because you're ignorant isn't the same as challenging / questioning

Being fearful of things because you're ignorant isn't the same as challenging / questioning

We are all ignorant and there is fear of the unknown. Science evolves through challenges and questions. It helps solve the unknown.

We are all ignorant and there is fear of the unknown. Science evolves through challenges and questions. It helps solve the unknown.

Thinking that a virus can be transmitted through the electromagnetic spectrum is ignorance, no matter how you dress it up

Thinking that a virus can be transmitted through the electromagnetic spectrum is ignorance, no matter how you dress it up

Which is why I said many detractors of 5G were doing so way before Covid-19.

Which is why I said many detractors of 5G were doing so way before Covid-19.

But you're trying to justify it in this scenario

If there is a link between non-ionizing radiation and it being harmful to health then yes, it needs investigating

If people are anti 5g because they "feel" there is an issue or don't understand the findings to date then, in my view, that's ignorance.

"The radio wave band - used for mobile phone networks - is non-ionising, "which means it lacks sufficient energy to break apart DNA and cause cellular damage," says David Robert Grimes, physicist and cancer researcher.

Higher up the electromagnetic spectrum, well beyond those frequencies used by mobile phones, there are clear health risks from extended exposure.

The sun's ultra-violet rays fall within this harmful category, and can lead to skin cancers."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-48616174

Ed Conway

@EdConwaySky
Breaking: @OBR_UK publishes a scenario showing UK GDP falling by 35% in the second quarter of the year. Unemployment up by 2 million.
Extraordinary. More on this soon.

There is an active conspiracy linking 5G technology with crowd control ie to stop crowds gathering. A frightening thought which I am sure can be debunked. I'm literally looking at 5G as faster internet speed etc.
The crowd control thing is sound waves,certain frequencies upset the body,and cause involuntary bowel movements,nausea,loss of vision.
Supposedly used in the American embassy in Cuba against the Americans,lots of diplomats reported strange symptoms and had to be sent home

The crowd control thing is sound waves,certain frequencies upset the body,and cause involuntary bowel movements,nausea,loss of vision.
Supposedly used in the American embassy in Cuba against the Americans,lots of diplomats reported strange symptoms and had to be sent home

Listen, I stood in front of a bank of 4x12s many a time, UFO at Bingley Hall shook my flares !!

Ed Conway
[emoji818]
@EdConwaySky
Breaking: @OBR_UK publishes a scenario showing UK GDP falling by 35% in the second quarter of the year. Unemployment up by 2 million.

Christ on a bike.

But you're trying to justify it in this scenario

If there is a link between non-ionizing radiation and it being harmful to health then yes, it needs investigating

If people are anti 5g because they "feel" there is an issue or don't understand the findings to date then, in my view, that's ignorance.

I couldn't care less about 5G and I am not justifying anything. There are two sides to every story and long may that be the case (without prejudice).
Hey, I am reasonably secure for what remains of my life and hopefully there will be enough accumulated wealth to give the sprog a chance and that really is all that matters. The wider workings of the world are perhaps not for me or my musings and in any case I am getting very quickly to the stage where I no longer give a damn. Let it all play out in front us and may we all hope for the best - the experts and the nutters can sort it out.

PS. Listening to the Happy Mondays - not listened to them for a while. Wrote for Luck is a underated classic.

Interesting stuff. As long as I can download internet faster i'm happy. Fantastic technology. I'm sure there'll be no need for crowd control - everything will be fine.

Ed Conway

@EdConwaySky

Just borrow some money, print more money or raise taxes - easy. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy the lockdown get some sun and read about Bill Gates saving the planet.

At least this time the UK population have been educated in advance that this is a global crisis and not limited to the UK or its government.

Yes, but I’m still pretty sure Gordon Brown, Alistair Darling and Liam Byrne are to blame somewhere.

"Do you think that Boris Johnson is doing well or badly as Prime Minister?" (Changes since 14-16 March)

Well: 66% (+20)
Badly: 26% (-16)

Via YouGov, 11-13 April

"Do you think that Boris Johnson is doing well or badly as Prime Minister?" (Changes since 14-16 March)

Well: 66% (+20)
Badly: 26% (-16)

Via YouGov, 11-13 April
That'll be the Mirror, Guardian and The Independant that stopped publishing a printed version in 2016 influencing them

FFS, and there was I thinking that it might actually get rid of the anti-science movement.

Back